Wills Hall main entrance

Wills Hall

Wills Hall was officially opened by Sir Winston Churchill, who was then the Chancellor of the University, in December 1929. It was built on a 26 acre site around a nineteenth century house called Downside, which had been constructed in the style known as Strawberry Hill Gothic, and which is now the Warden's house. The hall was designed by Sir George Oatley, who was also responsible for many other fine buildings in the University and the City.

More about the hall >>