Finance and Infrastructure Committee
The Finance and Infrastructure Committee is responsible to the Board of Trustees for overseeing the development and implementation of the financial, estates and digital infrastructure objectives.
On this page
Responsibilities and terms of reference
The Finance and Infrastructure Committee is one of the committees of the Board of Trustees.
It is responsible for:
- financial strategy
- budget setting
- annual accounts
- monitoring of investment activity
- capital expenditure.
For full details of the Finance and Infrastructure Committee's responsibilities, see Ordinance 4 - Appendix B.
As a group, the committee members are empowered to make decisions. They can take advice from others attending the meeting.
Members and roles
The Finance and Infrastructure Committee has up to 13 members.
- Dr Andreas Raffel, Independent Trustee (Chair)
- Mr Mohammed Saddiq, Independent Trustee
- Ms Linda Fletcher, Independent Trustee
- Mr Nick Joicey, Independent Trustee
- Academic Member of the Board of Trustees (appointment in progress)
- Mr Jonathan Punter, Additional Member
- Mr Jack Boyer, Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Professor Hugh Brady, Vice-Chancellor and President
If we identify a skill gap in the committee, we will recruit members with this expertise. These individuals usually do not work for the University and will take the role of 'Additional Member'. The committee can appoint up to 3 additional members, who are not members of the Board of Trustees.
The following staff may attend meetings and offer advice to committee members:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost
- Chief Operating Officer
- Registrar and University Secretary
They do not have authority to make committee decisions and are not eligible to vote in meetings.
- Current post-holder: Shana Johnson
- +44 (0)117 42 83169
There are currently no vacancies.
Meeting dates and paper submission deadlines 2021/22
- Thursday 16 September 2021, 10am
(Paper deadline 3 September 2021)
- Friday 22 October 2021, 10am
(Paper deadline 11 October 2021)
- Tuesday 7 December 2021, 10am
(Paper deadline 24 November 2021)
- Thursday 10 February 2022, 10am
(Paper deadline 28 January 2022)
- Thursday 21 April 2022, 10am
(Paper deadline 8 April 2022)
- Thursday 9 June 2022, 10am
(Paper deadline 26 May 2022)