Audit and Risk Committee
The Audit and Risk Committee is responsible to the Board of Trustees for reviewing the effectiveness of internal arrangements.
On this page
Responsibilities and terms of reference
The Audit and Risk Committee is one of the committees of the Board of Trustees.
It is independent of the Executive Group, and advises the Board of Trustees on the Executive Group's arrangements for:
- internal control
- risk management
- value for money
- data management and quality assurance data management.
For full details of the Audit and Risk Committee's responsibilities, see Ordinance 4 - Appendix A.
As a group, the committee members are empowered to make decisions. They can take advice from others attending the meeting.
Members and roles
The Audit and Risk Committee has up to 6 members.
- Mr Andrew Poolman, Treasurer (Chair)
- Dr Madhu Bhabuta, Independent Trustee
- Mr Stephen Robertson, Independent Trustee
- Ms Julie Goldstein, Additional Member
- Professor Mary Bishop, Additional Member
If we identify a skill gap in the committee, we will recruit members with this expertise. These individuals usually do not work for the University and will take the role of 'Additional Member'. The committee can appoint up to 3 additional members, who are not members of the Board of Trustees.
The following staff may attend meetings and offer advice to committee members:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost
- Chief Operating Officer
- Registrar and University Secretary
- Vice-Chancellor and President (at least once per year)
- Head of Internal Audit
- External Audit Lead Partner
They do not have authority to make committee decisions and are not eligible to vote in meetings.
- Current post-holder: Helen Cole
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 42 83171
There are currently no vacancies.
Meeting dates and paper submission deadlines 2021/22
- Thursday 21 October 2021, 2pm
(Paper deadline 7 October 2021)
- Monday 17 January 2022, 2pm
(Paper deadline 21 December 2021, midday - please send papers directly to Robert Kerse)
- Monday 21 March 2022, 2pm
(Paper deadline 7 March 2022)
- Monday 27 June 2022, 2pm
(Paper deadline 13 June 2022)
Download minutes from previous Audit and Risk Committee meetings.
Minutes from this year will be added as they become available.
- 28 June 2021 (PDF, 185kB)
- 12 April 2021 (PDF, 191kB)
- 18 January 2021 (PDF, 159kB)
- 21 October 2020 (PDF, 233kB)
- 6 July 2020 (PDF, 233kB)
- 27 April 2020 (PDF, 222kB)
- 20 January 2020 (PDF, 215kB)
- 14 October 2019 (PDF, 198kB)