Equity, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Oversight Committee
The Equity, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Oversight (EEDI) Committee (formerly Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Oversight Committee) provides assurance around the University's approach to Equity, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
On this page
Responsibilities and terms of reference
The Equity, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Oversight Committee is one of the committees of the Board of Trustees.
It aims to:
- support the development of long-term governance arrangements for equality, diversity and inclusion
- hold the Executive Group to account for delivering equality, diversity and inclusion strategic objectives in relation to both staff and students.
For full details of the Equity, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Oversight Committee's responsibilities, see Ordinance 4 - Appendix F.
As a group, the committee members are empowered to make decisions. They can take advice from others attending the meeting.
Members and roles
The Equity, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Oversight Committee has up to 8 members.
- Ms Jessica Cecil, Independent Trustee (Chair)
- Ms Gillian Bowen, Independent Trustee
- Professor Andrew Carr, Deputy-Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Mx Ruth Day, Student member of the Board of Trustees
- Mr Michael Pearson, Staff Representative
- Mrs Margaret Simmons-Bird, Additional Member
- Mr Jack Boyer, Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Professor Evelyn Welch, Vice-Chancellor and President
If we identify a skill gap in the committee, we will recruit members with this expertise. These individuals usually do not work for the University and will take the role of 'Additional Member'. The committee can appoint up to 1 additional member, who is not a member of the Board of Trustees.
The following staff may attend meetings and offer advice to committee members:
- Registrar and University Secretary
- Chief People Officer
They do not have authority to make committee decisions and are not eligible to vote in meetings.
- Current post-holder: Asha Sahni
- +44 (0)117 45 56805
There are currently no vacancies.
Meeting dates and paper submission deadlines 2022/23
- Monday 26 September 2022, 2pm
(Paper deadline 12 September 2022)
- Tuesday 4 April 2023, 2pm
(Paper deadline 21 March 2023)