- Mindfulness for students includes courses and has some simple mindfulness exercises to download.
- Calm offers a range of downloadable meditations.
- The NHS Choices website gives a simple description of what mindfulness is.
- Mindfulness, finding peace in a frantic world is free.
- Headspace to help with mediation. First 10 days are free.
- Buddhify charges a one off fee
Videos, films and talks
John Kabat-Zinn explains the science behind mindfulness.
The Oxford Mindfulness Centre have their own YouTube channel with a range of talks on mindfulness.
This Headtalks video describes the power of meditation.
Podcasts and audio downloads
- The Mental Health Foundation have a series of wellbeing podcasts.
- The University of Oxford have released a series of podcasts about mindfulness and depression.
- Futurelearn provide a free online mindfulness course.
- Be Mindful Online a four-week online mindfulness course run by the Mental Health Foundation.
Blogs and vlogs
- Mind have an information leaflet about the benefits of mindfulness.
- The Mental Health Foundation have a downloadable leaflet on how to look after your mental health using mindfulness.
- Kabat Zinn, J. (2001). 'Full catastrophe living'. Piatkus.
- Williams, M, Penman D, (2011), 'Mindfulness: a practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world'. Piatkus.
- Kabat-Zinn, J. (2006). 'Mindfulness for Beginners' (Audio CD). Sounds True.
- Teasdale, J, Williams, M. et.al (2014) 'The mindful way workbook'. Guilford Press.
External support in Bristol
Find out what other external support is available in Bristol.
Big White Wall
Big White Wall helps you to get support, take control and feel better when you are anxious, low or not coping.
The online service is free, available 24/7 and completely anonymous.
- Chat to other members who may be experiencing the same things as you
- Access a range of tools to help you self-manage
- Set goals and track progress
- Access articles, videos and online courses.