Get ready to move in
Once you have accepted your accommodation offer and completed the online induction, you will be able to book a time slot for your arrival at your University residence.
Before moving in
Before moving in you need to:
- Complete your compulsory online induction – you can complete this via the accommodation portal. It contains essential information about your residence and once completed, you can book your arrival slot.
- Book your arrival slot and download your QR check-in code
- Make a note of where you need to go on arrival day and any telephone numbers you may need.
- For residents moving into accommodation in the North Residential Village, you need to print your temporary parking permit. This will allow you free parking for 40 minutes. Your temporary permit can be found in your online induction on the Accommodation Portal.
- For residents moving into accommodation in the East and West Residential Villages, you will be able to use residence car parks to unload for a maximum of 20 minutes. After that time, free car parking will be available in nearby. Staff on the day will be able to direct you to these car parks.
- Book your complimentary airport transfer service from Bristol and London Heathrow airports
When you can move in
New students in 2021 will be moving into their university accommodation over nine days from 11 September to 19 September. Each of our residences have different arrival days and times. The earliest day you can arrive will be your arrival slot date even if this is earlier than your tenancy start date.
After you have completed your online induction and booked your arrival time, you will be emailed a check-in QR code. You will need to show this when you arrive. You should also make a note of where to go on the day and the telephone numbers you might need.
If you lose or accidentally delete the QR code or arrivals information, you can find it on the home page of the Accommodation Portal.
Read through the terms and conditions of living in University-allocated accommodation and the rules for your residence.
Use our campus map to find your way to your student accommodation. The postcode for your residence can also be found on the Accommodation Portal. Please try to keep to your arrival slot. If you are running late, don't worry, just arrive as soon as you can.
Check-in and key collection
When you arrive at your residence, our team will meet you in the reception area. You will need to provide ID and show them your check-in QR code. They will give you your keys and show you how to get to your room.
When you move in, you will need to complete an inventory which can be accessed in your Accommodation Portal. Examine the condition of the room and make a note of any faults with the property or items of furniture. Take photos of everything and email them to yourself so you have a record of when they were taken. You may need to refer back to these images when you move out, if you need to demonstrate the condition of the room when you moved in.
Feeling nervous about leaving home
Moving to university is an exciting time, but it can also feel daunting. We have dedicated teams on hand to help you throughout your time at university. If you are having any worries or difficulties, even if you think your problem is small, we are here to help.
When you get here, you'll find that each residential village has its own Student Support Centre. Advisers are available all day, every day. They are here to help you and can be contacted any time, for any reason.
Helpful articles about moving away from home:
Residence Facebook groups
Before you arrive, you can join your residence Facebook group to help you connect with your flatmates and other people living in your residence.
You can all also find out about social events and activities taking place in your residence.
Select the name of your residence below to join the corresponding Facebook group.
- Accommodation at Thirty-Three (formerly named Colston Street)
- New Bridewell
- The Courtrooms
- The Hawthorns, Student Houses (Redland Road, St Michael's Hill, Woodland Court), Old Vicarage, Skyline and Park Street
- St Thomas Street
- Brunel House
- Clifton Hill House
- Goldney Hall and Hillside/Woodside
- Manor Hall, 115 Queens Road and Richmond Terrace
- Orchard Heights
- Unite House and Culver House
- Winkworth House