Travel to Bristol
Travel to the UK
Before you leave
Check the following:
- Ensure that you are aware of the latest COVID-19 international travel regulations, and follow your own and UK Government’s guidelines.
- Your government's restrictions on taking money out of your home country.
- What items you can bring into the UK.
- Your luggage weight against your airline's allowance.
- Your travel insurance is valid. If you do not have travel insurance we recommend that you get some and bring the insurance documents with you.
- Make sure to bring these important documents in your hand luggage.
When to travel
If you have arranged to live in a University of Bristol residence aim to arrive when your accommodation opens. Our Accommodation Office will contact you with this information.
International Foundation Programme (IFP) students
If you are an IFP student please, fill out this form to let us know when you will arrive.
If you have already arranged private accommodation, check with your landlord when you can move in before you book your travel.
If you need to find accommodation, read our advice about how to find private accommodation in Bristol.
Arriving in the UK
At the border
Read the current government advice pages about entering the UK.
To help you through passport control and customs when you arrive at the UK border, read the UK Border Force guide to faster travel through the UK border.
Do not use eGates at the airport if you need to get a short-term study visa stamp at the UK border. You can only get visa stamps from a border officer.
Travel to Bristol from within the UK
If you are arriving at one of the following airports, you can book a coach or bus ticket to get to Bristol bus station.
London Heathrow airport
Book a National Express coach journey from Heathrow airport to Bristol Bus and Coach Station.
London Gatwick airport
Book a National Express coach journey from Gatwick airport to Bristol Bus and Coach Station.
Get the A1 Bristol Airport Flyer bus from outside the airport to Bristol Bus and Coach Station. You can book tickets in advance or buy a ticket on board.
Or find other ways to get to Bristol, including by car or train.
If you are travelling to the UK and need any advice or have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org