Heart failure and fatigue- what are the best approaches to help patients manage it? A systematic review and meta-analysis. PIs: Huntley A and Johnson R: Duncan L, Taylor C (Oxford), Stuart B (Southampton). Funder: NIHR School for Primary Care Research (FR18).
- Screening for Atrial Fibrillation with ECG to Reduce stroke (SAFER Study). Mant J, Hobbs R, McManus R, Griffin S, Burt J, Fitzmaurice D, Wilson D, Armstrong N, Cowie N, Lobban T, Lip G, Sweeting M, Moore C, Ogborn E, Johnson R, Sutton S. Funder: NIHR Programme Grants for Applied Resarch (2018-2026).
Screening for Atrial Fibrillation. Mant J, Hobbs R, Griffin S, Burt J, McManus R, Lown M, Johnson R. Funder: NIHR School for Primary Care Research (2018-2019).
- Establishing research priorities to improve the management of patients with advanced heart failure using the James Lind Alliance method. Johnson R, Huntley A, Feder G, Taylor C, Hobbs R, Gadoud A, Lehman R, Brice M. Funder: NIHR School for Primary Care Research. Awarded 2017.
- Understanding the relationship between chest pain, depression and anxiety and how this impacts on self-caring and health-seeking behaviour in primary and secondary care: a qualitative longitudinal study. Cramer H, Feder G, Horwood J, Kessler D, McManus R. Funder: NIHR School for Primary Care Research. Awarded 2010.
- Shared decision-making for cardiovascular conditions: How can shared decision-making for patients with hypertension and chronic heart failure be supported? Johnson R (NIHR PhD Fellowship award), Feder G, Cramer H, and Turner K (supervisors). Awarded July 2013.
- Expanding the role of NHS Direct in the management of long term conditions. Salisbury C, Nicholl J, O’Cathain A, Pope C, Hollinghurst S, Montgomery A, Young H, Large S, Lewis G, Yardley L, Brownsell S, Fahey T. Funder: NIHR Programme Grant (2009-2014)
- Mixed method review of case management for patients with chronic heart failure. Huntley A, King A, Purdy S, Johnson R, Cramer H, Feder G, Anderson R, England H. NIHR School for Primary Care Research (2014-2015)
- A multicentre ethnographic study of unplanned hospital admission for heart failure. S Purdy, H Cramer, M Evans, R Simmonds, G Feder, R Johnson, U Kadam, D Lasserson. NIHR School for Primary Care Research. January 2012 to December 2013
- Understanding and improving the management of chronic kidney disease in primary care. Horwood J, Simmonds R, Bennert K, Evans J, Blakeman T, Lasserson D. Murray E, Feder G. Funder: NIHR School for Primary Care Research (2011-2015)
- An evaluation of community outreach to increase uptake of NHS Health Checks. J Horwood, N Coghill, A Montgomery, R Riley, G Feder. Funder: NIHR School for Primary Care Research (2012-2014)
Development of a clinical decision rule for referral of patients presenting to primary care with chest pain: a feasibility study. A Montgomery, G Feder, N Coghill, J Macleod, P Brindle, T Fahey, R McManus, C Heneghan, H Hemingway, R Morris, A Timmis. National School for Primary Care Research.
Improving the quality of care of patients with angina and heart attack. H Hemingway, G Feder, A Tmmis, H Cramer, S Denaxas, S Eldridge, M Evans, K Featherstone, R Johnson, K Ruffles. NIHR applied research programme grant.
Multi-method study of a locally enhanced service to increase uptake of NHS Health Checks. J Horwood, A Montgomery, N Coghill, P Brindle, G Feder. Funder: NIHR School for Primary Care Research (2010-2014)
- Does serum B type natriuretic peptide (BNP or NT-pro BNP) testing and monitoring in patients with heart failure benefit patients and NHS. B Reeves, A Nightingale, M Pufulete, W Hollingworth, T McDonagh, J MacLeod, S Purdy, J Sterne et al. NIHR HTA.
- Benefits of Aldosterone Receptor Antagonism in Chronic Kidney Disease (BARACK D) Trial, R Hobbs, G Feder, S Bryant
- Understanding hospital-level variation in outcomes for patients admitted for acute coronary syndrome: a qualitative study. Cramer C, Evans M, Feder G, Featherstone K, Deaton C, Timmis A, Hemingway H. NIHR Research for Patient Benefit (2010-2012)