FSB run a regular program of events including talks, reading groups and conferences.
FSB research seminars and associated conferences and workshops can be found on our calendar (view calendar fullscreen).
To stay up to date with FSB events, join our jiscmail mailing list here.
You can also subscribe to this calendar in your own calendar using the ical address.
University members can also import "Foundational Studies Bristol Events Mailbox" calendar from directory in outlook (see also instructions on sharepoint).
Research Seminars in Logic and Set Theory
Run in the School of Mathematics. Contact Philip Welch for more details.
- Further events at the Department of Philosophy
- Kick-Off Workshop for Truth and Semantics ERC project & Bristol Logic Meeting (3-4 May 2019)
- Very Informal European Gathering Bristol 2018 (Set Theory, 3-9 June 2018)
- John Mayburry Memorial Lecture and Mini-symposium on the foundations of mathematics (15 Nov 2017)
- Stanislav Speranski Benjamin Meaker Visiting Professorship lectures (1,3,8 August 2017)
- Bath-Bristol Workshop Crosses the Atlantic (24th July 2017, University of Bristol)
- Set Theoretic Pluralism Symposium (20-25 June 2017, University of Bristol)
- Proof meets Truth -- Bath-Bristol Foundations of Mathematics and Computer Science (12th May 2017, Bath)
- Bristol-München Conference on Truth and Rationality (10-12 June 2016, University of Bristol)
- Bristol-Leuven workshop 3 (1 February 2016, University of Bristol) Workshop on Philosophy of Science, Logic and Mathematics
- Bristol-Goteborg-Oxford Postgraduate Day (22 April, 2015)
- Bristol-Leuven workshop 2 (20 May 2015, University of Leuven)
- Bristol-Leuven workshop 1 (27 January 2015, University of Bristol)
- Set Theory: Inner and Outer Model Theory (6-7 July 2014)
- Deductive and Mathematical Cognition Workshop (7-8 April 2014)
- Philip Welch 60th Birthday Celebration (22-23 March 2014)
- Oxford-Bristol Graduate Workshop in Logic and Philosophy of Mathematics (1 February 2014)
- Bristol-Munich Workshop 2013 (20-22 July 2013)
- Limits and Scope of Mathematical Knowledge Workshop 2 (30 March 2013)
- Bristol-Princeton Postgraduate Conference in the Philosophy of Logic and Mathematics (22 February 2013)
- Limits and Scope of Mathematical Knowledge Workshop 1 (17-18 March 2012)
- Truth and Semantics 2019-24, Johannes Stern
- Course on Inner Model Theory 2019, Philip Welch
- Reading group on Linnenbo's Thin Objects 2019, Gareth Pearce
- Reading group on Burgess' Rigor and Structure, 2015-2016. Sam Pollock
- Large cardinals & forcing Reading group studying the interaction of large cardinal axioms and forcing, 2015
- Descriptive Set Theory Weekly tutorials on Mansfield & Weitkamp (1985) 2015