The UK is a world leader in health research and the University of Bristol offers outstanding postgraduate research training.
We offer high-quality collaborative translational and population health research using a wide range of techniques - from molecular biology to epidemiology.
Postgraduate research opportunities
Study for a PhD, MD, DSc, MSc by research.
Graduates with good undergraduate or masters degrees in relevant disciplines can apply for projects in many areas of:
- Postgraduate research: Population Health Sciences
- Postgraduate research: Translational Health Sciences
Taught masters courses
A truly international cohort of students study on our broad range of highly popular postgraduate taught courses. Part-time and distance-learning options are available on some courses.
- MRes Health Sciences Research
- MSc Molecular Neuroscience
- MSc Perfusion Science
- MSc Public Health - new for 2018
- MSc Reproduction and Development
- MSc Stem Cells and Regeneration
- MSc Translational Cardiovascular Medicine
Our comprehensive programme of high quality short courses are open to public health specialists, health-care professionals, members of the pharmaceutical and medical device industry, University staff and postgraduate students.
Clinical academic training
The University's clinical academic training pathway offers clinicians the opportunity to develop an academic career.