Health services research
We are a leading centre for methodological and applied health services research. Our diverse expertise encompasses trials methodology, health economics, research synthesis and ethics. We host major centres in child and adolescent health, primary care and public health research.
Externally-funded centres, units and programmes
Externally-accredited centres, units and programmes
- Best Emollients for Eczema (BEE)
- H4RT Trial
- Optimising Staff-Patient Communication in Advanced Renal Disease (OSCAR)
- Prepare for Kidney Care Trial
- PRIME Parkinson
- Prostate Testing for Cancer and Treatment (ProtecT)
- Suicide Prevention
- 3D study: Improving whole person care
- UPSTREAM trial
The school's world class research was recognised in the REF 2014 Research Excellence Framework. The Times Higher ranked public health, health services and primary care No. 1 for impact, No. 4 overall.