Create alternative formats yourself
Use SensusAccess to convert short documents into a more accessible format including: MP3 audio, DAISY, DAISY Math, Braille, and e-books.
Conditions of use
This service is for University of Bristol students and staff who have a print disability and wish to make accessible copies of material you have either purchased, or borrowed from University of Bristol Library.
The conditions for using this service are as follows:
- the accessible copies will only be made by or on behalf of a user with a print disability
- you have determined that no version of the material is commercially available in an appropriate format
- the copies will be for your/the disabled user’s personal use and further copies will not be shared with others
These conditions comply with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, Section 31A.
Please note: a University of Bristol email address is required.
Please ask library staff if:
- you require coloured paper for photocopying
- you want to borrow a coloured overlay
- you want to borrow a magnifying sheet.
Training and support
Contact the Library Support team if you need training for you or a support worker to help with:
- using scanning equipment and software
- converting a chapter of printed text to an electronic format or audio.