A much needed service
Our University of Bristol Law Clinic provides students with the chance to offer free legal advice and support to members of the public under the supervision of Law School staff.
We are currently working to capacity in the Law Clinic and, therefore, there is likely to be a delay before we can get back to you. For new cases taken on, there may be a delay of up to 2-3 weeks before we can arrange an appointment with you.
- Law Clinic celebrates 2018-2019 awards night 19 June 2019
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Spotlight on Law Clinic Partnership with Bristol Mind 16 May 2019
- “Five things we’re most proud of”: Law Clinic students reflect on their 2018-19 achievements 7 May 2019
Pro-bono consultancy areas include:
- Housing/property landlord-tenant disputes
- Employment law and disputes
- Consumer/sale of goods and services
- General contract/tort
- Problems with the police
- Welfare benefits and social security law
We cannot help with:
- Debt advice
- Family cases involving money, property, and/or child protection issues
- Cases involving allegations of discrimination
- Cases outside the scope of the supervisors’ experience or too complex for the students
Data Privacy Notice
Executive Assistant: Louise Chalice
Administrative Assistant: Liz Brealey
Telephone: 0117 394 0082
Or submit your enquiry through our enquiry form.
Address: University of Bristol Law Clinic, 8-10 Berkeley Square, Bristol BS8 1HH (no drop in service available).
How We Work
With the introduction of a Clinical Legal Studies Module, the Law Clinic needed to change how it worked. This meant ensuring there were enough cases for students to work on which, in turn, required an increase in the intensity and responsibility associated with their work loads.
The University of Bristol Law School has always attracted the very best talent from all over the world. It is dedicated to capturing that talent and supporting its students to be the very best they can be.
The Law Clinic provides legal advice and help to members of the public on a pro-bono basis. We are often their only chance of getting such support.
The University of Bristol’s Law Clinic provides pro-bono legal advice, supporting those that most need it to get the justice they deserve - whilst students gain the very best clinical legal education through the provision of a valuable social service that has the power to change lives.
We now have arrangements with a number of other organisations and are particularly grateful to Clic Sargent and to the Bristol Citizens Advice and the Personal Support Unit at the County Court for their ongoing support.
University of Bristol Law Clinic has established a number of links with external organisations. These range from charities serving the local community, Bristol County Court to many other advisory bodies.
Off the Record Bristol provides free and confidential mental health support and information to young people aged 11-25 in Bristol.
- Enquiry Form