Africa Day: Spotlight on Dr Foluke Adebisi and FACE 2018 25 May 2018 This Africa Day, 25 May 2018, sign up for the launch event of Forever Africa (FACE), a Pan-African initiative brought together by staff and students at the University of Bristol and directed by the Law School’s Dr Foluke Adebisi.
- Andrew Charlesworth discusses new EU General Data Protection Regulation with BBC Radio Bristol 25 May 2018 Reader in IT Law, Andrew Charlesworth, discussed the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into force on 25 May 2018, with BBC Radio Bristol.
- Africa Day: Spotlight on Dr Foluke Adebisi and FACE 2018 25 May 2018 This Africa Day, 25 May 2018, sign up for the launch event of Forever Africa (FACE), a Pan-African initiative brought together by staff and students at the University of Bristol and directed by the Law School’s Dr Foluke Adebisi.
- Q&A with Bella Cooper: Training contracts and resilience 24 May 2018 Final year Law student Bella Cooper recently secured a training contract with Macfarlanes. She spoke to us about the interview process, her Law School experience, and the importance of not giving up at first hurdles.
- Dr Yvette Russell speaks to BBC, Sky News and ITV Westcountry about acid attack case 24 May 2018 Dr Yvette Russell, Lecturer in Law, provided expertise on criminal law in interviews with the BBC, Sky News, ITV Wescountry and BBC Radio Bristol, commenting on the trial of Berlinah Wallace, who has been convicted of throwing a corrosive substance with intent.
- New Head of School announced 23 May 2018 We are delighted to announce the appointment of Professor Ken Oliphant as the incoming Head of the Law School.
- Professor Paula Giliker shortlisted for International Private Law Prize in St Petersburg 22 May 2018 Law School Professor Paula Giliker was featured among the global nominations for the St. Petersburg International Legal Forum Private Law Prize for her book ‘The Europeanisation of English Tort Law’.
- Professor Sir Malcolm Evans visits Belize with UN torture prevention body 21 May 2018 Professor Sir Malcolm Evans visited Belize last month as Chair of the United Nations Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture (SPT). The purpose of the visit was to advise the Government on the establishment of a national monitoring body for all places of deprivation of liberty, officially known as the National Preventive Mechanism (NPM).
- Publication: Legal Authority Beyond the State 17 May 2018 A recently published book of essays, edited by Patrick Capps (Professor of International Law, University of Bristol) and Henrik Palmer Olsen (Professor of Jurisprudence at the University of Copenhagen), analyses the development of legal authority in international institutions.
- Blog: Is mental health finally emerging from the shadows into the light? 16 May 2018 In her latest blog, Dr Judy Laing, Reader in Law and Co-Director of the Centre for Health, Law, and Society (CHLS) marks Mental Health Awareness Week in a discussion of both the positive steps forward and the need for improvement in mental health legislation reform.
- Q&A with MA student Natalie Cooke: US work placement, interviews and IT Law 16 May 2018 As first year MA Law student Natalie Cooke prepares to embark on her work placement in the US as part of the Washington Ireland Programme for Service and Leadership (WIP), she spoke to us about the WIP application process, her ambitions while in America, and her work with internet era legislation.