Apply for a scholarship
Please read the guidance carefully before you complete the international scholarships application form.
Guidance for completing the application form
There is no save function, so you will need to complete the application form in one session. Once you click submit this is final, you will not be able to make any changes.
You will receive an email to confirm we have received your application. If you don’t receive this, please make sure to check your junk or spam folder.
If you are completing the form on a smartphone you may need to turn your phone to landscape to see all the text.
To help you prepare, we have outlined the information you will need below:
Personal details and application information
You will need to provide your:
- UCAS ID (if you’re an undergraduate student), Postgraduate application (AY) ID (if you’re a postgraduate student), Student ID (if you’ve applied through the Global Transfer Programme) or Kaplan ID (if you’re a KICL student)
- course or programme of study you’ve already applied to
- email address (this is how we will communicate with you, so make sure it’s accurate and you have access to it throughout the year)
- permanent country of residence (this is the country you are ordinarily resident in. This is not a country that you are only living in for the purpose of full-time education)
- current or most recent educational institution
- details of any other funding you are due to receive
There are three questions which you will need to complete. The maximum word count for each question is 200 words and each question is worth 10 marks. The questions are:
- We are looking to support the brightest and best individuals who will actively contribute to the development of their nation in the future. Please describe any special attributes or accomplishments that you think make you deserving of a scholarship.
This could be any academic or extra-curricular achievements, as well as your reasons for applying for a scholarship.
2. We are looking for scholars who will be great ambassadors for the University. Please give an example of when you have recently contributed to your community.
This could be your school or university, where you live, or any other community you feel a part of.
3. We would like to support students who have clear goals for their future. Please explain how studying your chosen programme at the University of Bristol will help you to ‘Think Big’ and shape your plans after graduation.
Explain what has attracted you to study at the University of Bristol, as well as outlining your ultimate career goals.
Data statement and scholarship terms and conditions
This section outlines how the personal information we collect from you will be used. We also provide a link to the scholarship terms and conditions for you to read and familiarise yourself with.
Scholarships covered by this application process
You can only use the International Scholarship webform to apply for the following scholarship programmes:
- Global Accounting and Finance Undergraduate Scholarships
- Think Big Undergraduate Scholarships
- Think Big about Global Justice Undergraduate Scholarships
- Future Leaders Postgraduate Scholarship
- Global Accounting and Finance Postgraduate Scholarships
- Global Economics Postgraduate Scholarships
- GREAT Ghana Scholarship 2021: for students from Ghana
- GREAT Indonesia Scholarship 2021: for students from Indonesia
- GREAT Kenya Scholarship 2021: for students from Kenya
- GREAT Malaysia Scholarship 2021: for students from Malaysia
- GREAT Mexico Scholarship 2021: for students from Mexico
- GREAT Scholarships for a Sustainable Future 2021: for students from Nigeria, Pakistan and Vietnam
- International Public Policy Scholarship
- Michael Wong Pakshong Bursary
- Nutrition, Physical Activity and Public Health Scholarship
- Phyllis Mary Morris Bursaries
- R. Senathi Rajah Memorial Scholarship: for students from Sri Lanka
- Think Big about Global Justice Postgraduate Scholarships
- Think Big Postgraduate Scholarships