- Entry requirements for undergraduate courses
- Entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
- Scholarship information
- British Council in Oman
- Our representatives in Oman
- Meet current students online
Entry requirements for undergraduate courses
You can apply for undergraduate programmes either through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) or the Common Application. Please use only one method of applying. If you are using UCAS to apply for other UK universities, please also make your University of Bristol application through UCAS and do not use the Common Application.
The UCAS code name and number for this University is BRISL B78.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-Levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. Entry requirements are listed in our Undergraduate Prospectus.
- If you have studied the American curriculum, entry requirements are listed on our USA country page.
- Applicants with the Shahadat Al-Thanawaya Al-Aama will normally require a foundation course for entry onto undergraduate degree programmes at the University. Generally, an overall average of 85% is required with 85% in relevant subjects.
- Applicants with the Shahadat Al-Thanawaya Al-Aama and the required grades, combined with the successfully completed American tests, a total of THREE in any combination from the list provided on our USA country page, will be considered for admission to our Bachelor degree courses.
- Applicants who have successfully completed one year at an Omani university with a GPA of 3.2 out of 4.0 will be considered for our Bachelor degree courses.
Please note that this information is guidance only. Competition for places at Bristol is very strong and every application to the University is considered on its individual merits. We aim to get you a response as quickly as possible to help you plan your studies.
Entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
You can apply online for all our postgraduate programmes.
The standard requirement for entry to a taught masters programme at Bristol is an undergraduate (Bachelor) degree that is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class degree (also known as a 2:1).
- Applicants with a Bachelors degree from a recognised institution in Oman with a GPA of at least 3.2 will be considered for entry to a Masters programme.
- For entry to a PhD programme we would require applicants to hold a Masters degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
An International Office Scholarship is available for new international students.
Further information about scholarships is available from the University's Student Funding Office.
British Council in Oman
The British Council is able to give guidance and information regarding Higher Education in the UK. Please visit their website to see if there is an office near you, and find out what services may be available.
Our representatives in Oman
The University has agreements with a number of education representatives (also known as agents) around the world, who can assist you with your application. Please note that using a representative does not put your application at any advantage or disadvantage when the academic decisions are made within the department. Independent applications will be considered on an equal basis.
Please use the services of only one representative to avoid administrative complications. We only work with representatives listed on our website.
We have three registered representatives in Oman:
Meet current students online
The University Students' Union has a number of cultural societies. You can check their website to see the whole range of clubs and societies that are here.