Pre-sessional entry requirements
The aim of the pre-sessional course(s) is to provide you with tuition so that you can demonstrate a level of academic English and study skills needed by the University of Bristol. You can find application information on our how to apply page.
If you are an undergraduate offer holder, please assess your English language level (below) and then contact CELFS for information about how to apply: email@example.com
|Academic year pre-sessional courses (September and January entry)||Summer pre-sessional courses (14, 10 & 6 week)|
- Designed for students who want to study a postgraduate degree in the UK
- Normally for students who have not yet applied for postgraduate study in the UK
- Completion of the academic year pre-sessional course does not guarantee entry on to a postgraduate degree at the University of Bristol. To study a postgraduate degree at the University of Bristol, you must have at least a 2:1 in your undergraduate degree. However, if you have less than a 2:1, the CELFS team can help you apply to other Universities in the UK.
- Designed for students who have an offer to study at the University of Bristol
- Students with an undergraduate offer must apply using a paper application form
- Students with a postgraduate offer must apply through ApplyYourself
- Looks like this Sample IELTS certificate (PDF, 678kB)
- Has a UKVI reference number on it
- Is less than 2 years old (at the start of the course of study)
- Is an IELTS Academic test. We do not accept the IELTS Life Skills test
- Must meet the entry requirements for the pre-sessional course you apply for
- Alternatively, we can accept the Trinity test if you sat the exam in London. Please contact us if you hold and London Trinity certificate