Information and support about graduate roles, part time jobs, work experience and internships.
Internships and placements
Gain quality, paid, work experience with an internship.
Search for a paid internship through the COVID-19 SME Internship Fund. The aim of this fund is to support local SMEs who are operating at maximum capacity as they respond to the challenges of Coronavirus.
Read our guide to the COVID-19 SME Internship Fund.
You can also search for:
- Other work experience and internship opportunities.
- Placements of between 6 and 12 months.
- Internship schemes for PhD students.
Part-time work while you study
Part-time work is a great way to gain work experience, engage with the local community and develop your skills.
- Search for a part-time role.
- Apply for student roles within the University.
- Join the University’s Temporary Staffing Service (TSS).
Self-employment and working for yourself
Our Basecamp Enterprise Team provides support to those interested in start-up and entrepreneurship.
- Attend our enterprise events and skills-build workshops.
- Enter the New Enterprise Competition.
- Book an appointment if you need further support.
Equality and diversity
We support students to have equal opportunities to access work regardless of their background.
- Search for vacancies with employers who value diversity.
- Our resources explain the Equality Act, discrimination and workplace rights.
- Learn about Flying Start - targeted support for widening participation students.
- Attend a workshop on disability disclosure, or book an appointment to dicuss this one-to-one.
Jobs and work experience
Did you know?
Many jobs aren’t openly advertised, and some employers rely on speculative applications.