Information about options for further study at Bristol and elsewhere, including specialising in a subject or changing subject.
Types of further study
A range of further study options are open to you:
- Convert to a different subject (e.g. to teaching or law).
- Graduate entry courses (e.g. medicine) let you specialise.
- Master's courses (including MA, MSc, MEd) allow you to expand your knowledge.
- Doctorates, (including the PhD), let you continue to work and study in academia.
- 30-minute short talks will help you decide if postgraduate study is for you (and give advice on how to apply).
- Write a winning personal statement using tips from our blog.
- Choose a place to study using our guide.
- Book a 10-minute CV/application review to have your application checked before sending it.
Postgraduate study at Bristol
Learn more about your options for postgraduate study at the University of Bristol.