Autumn Term. One of the busiest times of the year!
There's a wide variety of events from short talks covering career essentials (CVs, application forms, interview skills) to interactive workshops such as mock assessment centres, 'Confused about your future career?' and developing networking skills.
Last year almost 5,000 students attended fairs and met employers to find out about different organisations, jobs and the skills they look for. Most employers recruit from any degree discipline and offer a wide range of career opportunities, so go along to fairs and presentations - your future employer could be waiting for you!
All our events are listed on mycareer, so log in and check our listings regularly to see what is coming up. Are you ready to accept the challenge?
Only three weeks left until the end of term! Highlights include:
- On Thursday 1 December, Working options for international students post graduation. An evening session for international students providing an overview of immigration categories that allow overseas graduates to work in the UK following completion of studies.
- Is postgraduate study for me? on Tuesday 6 December. This is a 30-minute short talk to help you to consider your options. Includes hints and tips on choosing the right course, academic or vocation, and how to write a personal statement.
- On Thursday 8 December, Enhance your presentation skills. Sign up to this one hour interactive workshop to learn techniques to deal with any nerves, and identify ways in which to manage and impress your audience with time to practice your presentation skills.
- LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network can help to market yourself effectively to potential employers. Come and find out more about it on Monday 12 December at Use LinkedIn to kick start your career.
- The last few career essentials before the end of term, including
What you need to know
- You must sign up to reserve your place
- Add your name to the waiting list if the event is full, if a place becomes available the first to sign up gets the place
- Remember to cancel your place if you can no longer attend and make the place available for another student
- Please note we do operate a banning system if you do not cancel your place
- Arrive before the start of the event - latecomers may be refused entry
- Many events contribute towards the Bristol PLUS Award and this will be indicated in the event description
If you have any queries about events, please contact us. If you are an employer, please see our information for employers.