Information about your career options, including career planning and researching employers.
Explore your career options and create an action plan with our Career Ready Course.
Want to find out more before getting started? Watch our short video tour.
Start planning your career
- Watch our 'Confused about your career' intro videos.
- Plan your career using our guide.
- Discover career possibilities that are out there for you.
- Understand your motivations and skills to develop self awareness.
Research employers and sectors
- Watch our intro video on how to research employers.
- Research employers and sectors.
- Develop commercial awareness using our guide.
- Industry reports give an overview of different industries.
- Sector guides give details of job roles and major employers.
- Our labour market information pages summarise the effects of Covid-19 on recruitment.
What students on your course do after graduating
|Pick a subject||Subject|
|Accounting and Finance||Economics;Business;Finance;banking;business administration|
|Animal Behaviour and Welfare|
|Cellular and Molecular Medicine||biomedical;immunology;virology;microbiology;cancer|
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering|
|English||creative writing;literature;Liberal Arts|
|Film and Television||Drama;media;theatre|
|History of Art||liberal arts|
|Liberal Arts||Liberal Arts;Art;English;History;Music;Philosophy;Modern Languages|
|Modern Languages||Modern Languages;French;German;Spanish;Italian;Czech;Russian;Portuguese;language;Liberal Arts|
Did you know?
The subject you study at university doesn’t necessarily need to rule your future career.
Around 70% of advertised vacancies do not require a specific degree, and are open to graduates of any discipline.
Read about how a University alumni mentor can help you decide what to do after you graduate.