Looking for a graduate job, industry placement or internship? Whatever job you're searching for, our hints and tips will help you get there a bit sooner. Use the resources below, or check our dedicated part-time work webpage for information about working while studying.
Finding a job or internship can be daunting, but it's a lot easier and more manageable if you have focus and a sense of purpose. Use these resources to help you look for opportunities, or, if you’re not sure what you want to do yet, see our Be inspired pages for help and advice!
Finding a job can seem daunting but don't panic. Here are our top tips to help find a graduate job or internship:
- Be prepared: Get your CV and covering letter ready, get to grips with application forms and practice your interview skills.
- Get networking: Build up contacts and talk to alumni to open up opportunities, ask for advice, engage in job shadowing or gain work experience.
- Search creatively: Change your search terms regularly to get a variety of results. For example, 'laboratory internship', 'chemistry placement' and 'lab placement'.
- Be knowledgeable: Keep a note of job titles that interest you and use these in your search. Remember that 'officer', 'assistant' and 'coordinator' are often interchangeable.
- Be resilient: Don't be disheartened if you don't get a job straight away. Learn from your experiences, try again, and contact us if you'd like to discuss your options or how to succeed in the selection process.