Enterprising behaviours can help you to manage projects, act on ideas, and find creative solutions to problems. Being enterprising and entrepreneurial are also highly valued by employers.
Being enterprising simply means having the confidence and ability to:
- Identify opportunities
- Act on ideas
- Make decisions
- Be innovative
- Be creative
Being entrepreneurial means using your enterprising behaviour for the purpose of starting a new venture or growing a business.
Business Basecamp is the University of Bristol's student enterprise and start-up support service, providing:
- Hot-desking and meeting space for student businesses
- Advice and mentoring services
- A series of inspiring master-classes
- Free ‘tutorials’ with business professionals
- Alumni-funded summer grants for students to work on their business ideas
If you’re ready to be more enterprising there are a range of activities to get involved with:
- Basecamp Master-classes - every term the Basecamp team run a series of inspiring workshops to help you spark and grow ideas.
- Join Inc, the society for budding entrepreneurs.
- Join Enactus to develop leadership skills whilst tackling ethical challenges.
- Get hands-on experience working for a small business through the UoB Internship Scheme.
Visit our start-up page for more information on starting a business, self-employment, commercialising research, and getting funding.
The University of Bristol is a member of Enterprise Educators UK.