Year of publication 2017 (A-M)
- Aird, JJ et al. Validation of the multiplier method for leg-length predictions on a large European cohort and an assessment of the effect of physiological age on predictions.
Journal of Children's Orthopaedics. Feb 17. DOI: 10.1302/1863-2548-11-160084.
- Al-jawahiri, R et al. Resources available for autism research in the big data era: a systematic review
Peer J. Jan 2017. DOI: 10.7717/peerj.2880
- Alvarez-Bueno, C et al. Association between pre-pregnancy overweight and obesity and children's neurocognitive development: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies
International Journal of Epidemiology. July 17. DOI: 10.1093/ije/dyx122
- Anderson, E et al. Adversity in Childhood and Measures of Aging in Midlife: Findings from a cohort of British Women
Psychology & Aging. September 17. DOI: 10.1037/pag0000182
Arathimos, R et al. Shared genetic influences between dimensional ASD and ADHD symptoms during child and adolescent development.
PLoS One. April 17. DOI: 10.1186/s13229-017-0131-2. PMID 28441402
Arathimos, R et al. Epigenome-wide association study of asthma and wheeze in childhood and adolescence
Clinical Epigenetics. Oct 17. DOI: 10.1186/s13148-017-0414-7. PMID: 29046734
Augustin, H et al. Modelling a response as a function of high frequency count data: the effect of physical activity on fat mass
Statistical Methods in Medical Research. Oct 17. DOI: 10.1177/0962280215595832 PMID: 26187735
- Avraam, D et al. Synthetic ALSPAC Longitudinal datasets for the Big Data VR project
Wellcome Open Research. Aug 17. DOI: 10.21956/wellcomeopenres.13472.r25538
- Balasubramanian, M et al. Compound heterozygous variants in NBAS as a cause of atypical osteogenesis imperfecta.
Bone. Jan 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.bone.2016.10.023. PMID: 27789416
- Barker, ED et al. Annual Research Review: DNA methylation as a mediator in the association between risk exposure and child and adolescent psychopathology
The Journal of Child Psychology & Psychiatry. July 17. DOI: 10.1111/jcpp.12782
- Bedard, A et al. Maternal intake of sugar during pregnancy and childhood respiratory and atopic outcomes.
European Respiratory Journal. July 17. DOI: 10.1183/13993003.00073-2017
- Ben-Shlomo, Y et al. Changes in martial quality over six years and its associate with cardiovascular risk factors in men: Findings from the ALSPAC prospective.
Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health. October 17. DOI: 10.1136/jech-2017-209178
- Bevilacqua, L et al. Conduct problems trajectories and psycholosocial outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis
European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. October 17. DOI: 10.1007/s00787-017-1053-4 PMID: 28983792
- Bjornholm, L et al. Structural properties of the human corpus callosum: Multimodal assessment and sex differences
NeuroImage. February 2017. DOI: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2017.02.056
- Bonamy, O et al. Mother-Child Positivity and Negativity: Family-Wide and Child-Specific Main Effects and Interactions Predict Child Adjustment.
Developmental Psychology. October 17. DOI: 10.1037/dev0000467
- Borge, TC et al. The importance of maternal diet quality during pregnancy on cognitive and behavioural outcomes in children: a systematic review and meta-analysis
BMJ OPen. September 17. DOI: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-016777
- Bowen, E. Conduct disorder symptoms in pre-school children exposed to intimate partner violence: Gender differences in risk and resilience.
Journal of Child & Adolescent Trauma. June 17. DOI: 10.1007/s40653-017-0148-x
- Brilleman, S et al. Bayesian piecewise linear mixed models with a random change point: an application to BMI rebound in childhood.
Epidemiology. November 17. DOI: 10.1097/EDE.0000000000000723
- Bukodi, E et al. Wastage of Talent? Social Origins, Cognitive Ability and Educational Attainment in Britain
Advances in Life Course Research. September 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.alcr.2017.09.003
- Caramaschi, D et al. Exploring a causal role of DNA methylation in the relationship between maternal vitamin B12 during pregnancy and child’s IQ at age 8, cognitive performance and educational attainment: A two-step Mendelian randomization study.
Human Molecular Genetics. Apr 17. DOI: 10.1093/hmg/ddx164. PMID: 28453778.
- Chong, SY et al. Associations of parental food-choice control and use of food to soothe with adiposity in childhood and adolescence
Science Direct. Feb 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.appet.2017.02.018. PMID: 28215545
- Clark,AE et al. The key determinants of misery and happiness.
World Happiness Report. Mar 17.
- Coathup, V et al. Dietary Patterns and Alcohol Consumption During Pregnancy: Secondary Analysis of Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children.
Alcoholism, Clinical and Experimental Research. Apr 17. DOI: 10.1111/acer.13379. PMID: 28423476.
- Costa-Font, J et al. Parental Sleep and Employment: Evidence from a British Cohort Study.
Centre for Economic Performance, LSE. Mar 17.
- Cornish, R et al. Case definitions for common mental health disorders among adolescents using electronic primary care data: a comparison with self-reported data from ALSPAC
International Journal for Population Data Science. April 2017. DOI: 10.23889/ijpds.v1i1.256
- Cornish, R et al. Multiple imputation using linked proxy outcome data resulted in important bias reduction and efficiency gains: a simulation study.
Emerging themes in Epidemiology. Dec 17. DOI: 10.1186/s12982-017-0068-0
- Cuellar-Partida, G et al. Genetically low vitamin D concentrations and myopic refractive error: a Mendelian randomisation study
International Journal of Epidemiology. Jun 17. DOI: 10.1093/ije/dyx068 PMID: 28586461
- Culverhouse, RC et al. Collaborative meta-analysis finds no evidence of a strong interaction between stress and 5-HTTLPR genotype contributing to the development of depression
Molecular Psychiatry. Apr 17. DOI: 10.1038/mp.2017.44 PMID: 28373689
- Darling, A et al. Association between maternal vitamin D status in pregnancy and neurodevelopmental outcomes in childhood; results from the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC)
British Journal of Nutrition. July 17. DOI: 10.1017/S0007114517001398
- Darlow, JM et al. Genome-wide linkage and association study implicates the 10q26 region as a major genetic contributor to primary nonsyndromic vesicoureteric reflux
Scientific Reports. Nov 17. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-15062-9
- De Salis, I et al. Experiencing menopause in the UK: The interrelated narratives of normality, distress and transformation
Journal of Women and Aging. Nov 17. DOI: 10.1080/08952841.2018.1396783 PMID: 29095126
- De Vocht, F et al. DNA methylation from birth to late adolescence and development of multiple-risk behaviours
Journal of Affective Disorders. Feb 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.jad.2017.11.055
- Denckla, C et al. Distinguishing Postpartum and Antepartum Depression Trajectories in a Large Population-Based Cohort: The Impact of Exposure to Adversity and Offspring Gender
Psychological Medicine. September 17. DOI: 10.1017/S0033291717002549
- Denholm, R et al. Growth trajectories, breast size, and breast-tissue composition in a British pre-birth cohort of young women
American Journal of Epidemiology. Nov 17. DOI: 10.1093/aje/kwx358 PMID: 29140420
- Doran, S et al. Breast MRI segmentation for density estmiation: Do diffeent methods give the same results and how much to differences matter?
Medical Physics. May 17. DOI: 10.1002/mp.12320
- Dunn, E et al. Timing of Exposure to Adversity Explains More Variability in DNA Methylation in Late Childhood than Recency or Accumulation of Exposure
Biological Psychiatry. May 2017. DOI: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2017.02.632
- Dykxhoorn, J et al. Early life predictors of adolescent suicidal thoughts and adverse outcomes in two population-based cohort studies
PLoS One. August 17. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0183182
- Elliott, HR et al. The Role of DNA Methylation in Type 2 Diabetes Aetiology – Using Genotype as a Causal Anchor.
Diabetes. Feb 17. DOI: 10.2337/db16-0874. PMID: 28246294
- English JA, et al. Blood-based protein changes in childhood are associated with increased risk for later psychotic disorder– evidence from a prospective cohort study
Schizophrenia Bulletin. July 17. DOI: 10.1093/schbul/sbx075
- Fasteau, M et al. Is adolescent alcohol use associated with self-reported hypomanic symptoms in adulthood? - Findings from a prospective birth cohort.
Psychiatry Research. May 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.psychres.2017.05.034. PMID: 28582719
- Felix, J et al. Cohort profile: Pregnancy And Childhood Epigenetics (PACE) Consortium
International Journal of Epidemiology. September 17. DOI: 10.1093/ije/dyx190
- Ferreira, DLS et al. Association of pre-pregnancy body mass index with future offspring metabolic profile: findings from three independent European birth cohorts.
BioRxiv. Mar 17. DOI: doi.org/10.1101/114413
- Fluharty, M et al. Longitudinal associations of social cognition and substance use in childhood and early adolescents: findings from the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children
European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Oct 17. DOI: 10.1007/s00787-017-1068-x. PMID: 29058116
- Freitas-Vilela, AA et al. Maternal dietary patterns during pregnancy and intelligence quotients in the offspring at 8 years of age: Findings from the ALSPAC cohort.
Maternal & Child Nutrition. Jan 17. DOI: 10.1111/mcn.12431. PMID: 28251825
- Futema, M et al. Screening for familial hypercholesterolaemia in childhood: Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC).
Science Direct. Mar 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2017.03.007.
- Gentile, S et al. Untreated perinatal paternal depression: Effects on offspring
Psychiatry Research. February 2017. DOI: 10.1016/j.psychres.2017.02.064
- Gill, D et al. Age at menarche and lung function: a Mendelian randomization study
European Journal of Epidemiology. August 17. DOI: 10.1007/s10654-017-0272-9
Golding, J et al. Grand-maternal smoking in pregnancy and grandchild's autistic traits and diagnosed autism.
Scientific reports. April 17. DOI: 10.1038/srep46179. PMID: 28448061
- Golding, J et al. The antecedents of women's external locus of control: Associations with characteristics of their parents and their early childhood.
Heliyon. Jan 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.heliyon.2017.e00236
- Golding, J et al. Maternal prenatal blood mercury is not adversley associated with offspring IQ at 8 years provided the mother eats fish: A British prebirth cohort study.
International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health. July 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijheh.2017.07.004
- Golding, J et al. The mid-childhood and adolescent antecedents of women's external locus of control orientation.
Wellcome Open Research. July 17. DOI: 10.12688/wellcomeopenres.12052.1
- Golding, J et al. Prenatal internal locus of control is positively associated with offspring IQ mediated through parenting behavious, prenatal lifestyle and social circumstances.
Frontiers in Psychology. August 17. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.01429
- Goldstein, H et al. Multilevel growth curve models that incorporate a random coefficient model for the level 1 variance function
Statistical Methods in Medical Research. May 17. DOI: 10.1177/0962280217706728. PMID: 28459180
- Goncalves Soares AL et al. Parental Separation and Cardiometabolic Risk Factors in Late Adolescence: A Cross-Cohort Comparison.
American Journal of Epidemiology. April 17. DOI: 10.1093/aje/kwx007. PMID: 28444145
- Grzeda, MT et al. Examining the effectiveness of parental strategies to overcome bedwetting: an observational cohort study
BMJ Open. October 17. DOI: 10.1136/ bmjopen-2017-016749
- Guyatt, A et al. Cardiometabolic Phenotypes and Mitochondrial DNA Copy Number Across the Life Course
Mitochondrian. August 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.mito.2017.08.007
- Hameed, MA et al. Trajectories of early childhood developmental skills and early adolescent psychotic experiences: Findings from the ALSPAC study
Frontiers in Psychology. Dec 17. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.02314
- Harrowell, I et al. Mental health outcomes of developmental coordination disorder in late adolescence.
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. May 17. DOI: 10.1111/dmcn.13469
- Hartman, TJ et al. Prenatal Exposure to Perfluoroalkyl Substances and Body Fatness in Girls.
Childhood Obesity Journal. Jan 17. DOI: 10.1089/chi.2016.0126. PMID: 28128969
- Haworth, S et al. Ten years on: Is dental general anaesthesia in childhood a risk factor for caries and anxiety?
British Dental Journal. Feb 17. DOI: 10.1038/sj.bdj.2017.175. PMID: 28232699
- Hawton, K et al. Is childhood abuse associated with adolescent obesity? A population cohort study.
Childhood Obesity. Dec 17. DOI: 10.1089/chi.2017.0141
- Hennig, T et al. Bullying Mediates between Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Childhood and Psychotic Experiences in Early Adolescence
Schizophrenia Bulletin. September 17. DOI: 10.1093/schbul/sbw139
- Heron, J et al. Trajectories of urinary incontinence in childhood and bladder and bowel symptoms in adolescence: prospective cohort study.
BMJ Open. Mar 17. DOI: 10.1136/bmjopen-2016-014238. PMID: 28292756
- Heron, J et al. Effects of excessive alcohol use on antisocial behavious across adolescence and early adulthood.
Journal of the America Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. August 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.jaac.2017.07.781
- Hibbeln, J et al. Meat consumption during pregnancy and substance misuse among adolescent offspring: Stratification of TCN2 Genetic Variants Alcoholism, Clinical and Experimental Research. Oct 17. DOI: 10.1111/acer.13494 PMID: 28975627
- Honorato, T et al. In-utero cigarette smoke exposure and the risk of earlier menopause
Menopause: The Journal of the North American Menopause Society. August 17. DOI: 10.1097/GME.0000000000000950
- Howe, L et al. Body Mass Index, Body Dissatisfaction and Adolescent Smoking Initiation
Drug and alcohol dependence. September 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2017.04.008
- Jeddy, Z et al. Prenatal concentrations of Perfluoroalkyl substances and early communication development in British girls.
Early Human Development. Jun 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.earlhumdev.2017.04.004. PMID: 28411449
- Jensen, SKG et al. Associations between prenatal, childhood, and adolescent stress and variations in white-matter properties in young men
NeuroImage. Oct 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2017.10.033 PMID: 29066395
Jones, A et al. Anxiety disorders, gender nonconformity, bullying and self-esteem in sexual minority adolescents: prospective birth cohort study.
The Journal of Child Psychology & Psychiatry. June 17. DOI: 10.1111/jcpp.12757. PMID: 28569044
- Jones, H. Combined patterns of tobacco and cannabis use in adolescence and their association with psychotic experiences: a longitudinal analysis.
JAMA Psychiatry. Dec 17.
- Kazmi, N et al. Maternal eating disorders affect offspring cord blood DNA methylation: a prospective study
Clinical Epigenetics. Oct 17. DOI: 10.1186/s13148-017-0418-3
- Kennedy, E et al. Substance use, criminal behaviour and psychiatric symptoms following childhood traumatic brain injury: findings from the ALSPAC cohort.
European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. Mar 17. DOI: 10.1007/s00787-017-0975-1. PMID: 28314984
- Khandaker, G et al. Association between a functional interleukin 6 Receptor Genetic variant and risk of Depression and Psychosis in a population-based birth cohort
Brain, Behaviour and Immunity. Dec 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.bbi.2017.11.020
- Koukounari, A et al. Pathways from maternal depression to young adult offspring depression: an exploratory longitudinal mediation analysis
Psychiatric Research. July 17. DOI: 10.1002/mpr.1520
- Kung, T et al. Preschool Gender-Typed Play Behavior at Age 3.5 Years Predicts Adolescent Physical Aggression at Age 13 Years
Archives of Sexual Behaviour. June 17. DOI: 10.1007/s10508-017-1005-6
- Laurin, C et al. Partitioning Phenotypic Variance due to Parent-of- Origin Effects using Genomic Relatedness Matrices
Behavior Genetics. Nov 17. DOI: 10.1007/s10519-017-9880-0 PMID: 29098496
- Lawlor, DA et al. Triangulation in aetiological epidemiology.
International Journal of Epidemiology. Jan 17. DOI: 10.1093/ije/dyw314. PMID: 28108528
- Lawlor, DA et al. Using Mendelian randomization to determine causal effects of maternal pregnancy (intrauterine) exposures on offspring outcomes: Sources of bias and methods for assessing them.
Wellcome Open Research. Feb 17. DOI: 10.12688/wellcomeopenres.10567.1
- Lawn, R et al. Maternal pre-pregnancy BMI, gestational weight gain and daughter’s age at menarche: the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children
American Journal of Epidemiology. Sep 17. DOI: 10.1093/aje/kwx308
- Lewis, G et al The association between paternal depressogenic cognitive styles during mothers’ pregnancy and offspring depressogenic cognitive styles: an 18-year prospective cohort study.
Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry. Nov 17. DOI: 10.1111/jcpp.12847. PMID: 29171666
- Li, G et al. Childhood Gender-Typed Behavior and Adolescent Sexual Orientation: A Longitudinal Population-Based Study
Developmental Psychology. Feb 17. DOI: 10.1037/dev0000281. PMID: 28221049
- Linner, RK et al. An epigenome-wide association study of educational attainment (n = 10,767).
BioRxiv. Mar 17. DOI: doi.org/10.1101/114637
- MacKinnon, N et al. The Association Between Prenatal Stress And Externalizing Symptoms In Childhood: Evidence From The Avon Longitudinal Study Of Parents And Children
Biological Pschiatry. July 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2017.07.010
- MacKinnon, N et al. Association between Childhood Infection, Serum Inflammatory Markers and Intelligence: findings from a population-based prospective birth cohort study
Epidemiology & Infection. Dec 17. DOI: doi:10.1017/S0950268817002710
- Magnus, MC et al. Childhood psychosocial adversity and female reproductive timing: a cohort study of the ALSPAC mothers
Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. Nov 17. DOI: 10.1136/jech-2017-209488
- Mahedy, L et al. Parental alcohol use and risk of behavioral and emotional problems in offspring.
PLos One. June 17. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0178862. PMID: 28586358
- Mahmous, S et al. The 'PEARL' Data Warehouse: Initial Challenges Faced with Semantic and Syntactic Interoperability.
Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. 2017. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-753-5-156. PMID 28423774
- Marks, KJ et al. Exposure to phytoestrogens in utero and age at menarche in a contemporary British cohort.
Environmental Research. Mar 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.envres.2017.02.030. PMID: 28259093
- Marouli, E et al. Rare and low-frequency coding variants alter human adult height
Nature. Feb 17. DOI: 10.1038/nature21039. PMID: 28146470
- Marwaha, S et al. Cannabis use and hypomania in young people: a prospective analysis
Schizophrenia Bulletin. Nov 17. DOI: 10.1093/schbul/sbx158
- McElroy, E et al. Internalizing and externalizing disorders in childhood and adolescence: A latent transition analysis using ALSPAC data.
Comprehensive Psychiatry. Mar 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.comppsych.2017.03.003.
- McGinns, R et al. Variants in the fetal genome near FLT1 are associated with risk of preeclampsia.
Nature Genetics. June 17. DOI: 10.1038/ng.3895
- Meehan, AJ et al. Interpersonal Callousness and Co-Occurring Anxiety: Developmental Validity of an Adolescent Taxonomy.
Journal of Abnormal Psychology. Feb 17. DOI: 10.1037/abn0000235. PMID: 27977232
- Mesirow, MS et al. Associations between early-life fish and processed food intake, conduct problems and co-occurring difficulties.
Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology. July 17. DOI: 10.1007/s10802-016-0224-y
- Micali, N et al. Lifetime and 12-month prevalence of eating disorders amongst women in midlife: a population-based study of diagnoses and risk factors BMC Medicine.
BMC Medicine, Jan 17. DOI: 10.1186/s12916-016-0766-4. PMID: 28095833
- Millard, L et al. Physical activity phenotyping with activity bigrams, and their association with BMI.
International Journal of Epidemiology. June 17. DOI: 10.1093/ije/dyx093
- Mistry, S et al. Borderline Personality and Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity traits in childhood are associated with hypomanic features in early adulthood
Journal of Affective Disorders. June 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.jad.2017.06.039
- Morris, JA et al. Epigenome-wide association of DNA methylation in whole blood with bone mineral density.
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. Apr 17. DOI: 10.1002/jbmr.3148
- Morris, T et al. How do moving and other major life events impact mental health? A longitudinal analysis of UK children.
Health Place. June 17. DOI: 10.1016/j.healthplace.2017.06.004
- Moschonis, G et al. The effect of early feeding practices on growth indices and obesity at preschool children from four European countries and UK school children and adolescents
European Journal of Pediatrics. September 17. DOI: 10.1007/s00431-017-2961-5
- Munafo, M et al. Collider Scope: When selection bias can substantially influence observed associations
International Journal of Epidemiology. Sep 17. DOI: 10.1093/ije/dyx206
- Myrun, C et al. Implication of the APP gene in intellectual abilities.
Journal of Alzeimer's. July 17. DOI: 10.3233/JAD-170049