BLOG: Exploring approaches to measure FASD 30 November 2018 It has been fascinating to learn that it is possible to attempt to estimate the prevalence of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) using our collection.
- Thinking positively during pregnancy? You could be helping your child's ability in maths and science 8 February 2019 Your attitude during pregnancy could have an effect on your child's ability in maths and science, according to a new study published by Frontiers in Psychology today.
- Genes for head and brain development involve the guardian of the genome 21 January 2019 Press release republished with permission from the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
- Teens keep active despite asthma or eczema, study finds 21 January 2019 A fresh look by the University of Bristol at how teenagers are affected by their asthma, eczema or obesity has some reassuring findings published in BMJ Open today (Monday 21 January).
- Post-natal depression in dads linked to depression in their teenage daughters 15 January 2019 Fathers as well as mothers can experience post-natal depression, new research has revealed – and it is linked to emotional problems for their teenage daughters.
- Childhood body composition may help determine future lung health 11 January 2019 Boys and girls with more muscle mass in childhood and adolescence have higher lung function
- Depressive symptoms higher for gay, lesbian and bisexual youth from age 10 12 December 2018 Gay, lesbian, bisexual and questioning youth are more likely to experience depressive symptoms from as young as age 10 and these symptoms persist at least into their early 20s, finds a new UCL-led study.
- BMI is a good measure of health after all, new study finds 11 December 2018 A new study from the University of Bristol supports body mass index (BMI) as a useful tool for assessing obesity and health.
- BLOG: Exploring approaches to measure FASD 30 November 2018 It has been fascinating to learn that it is possible to attempt to estimate the prevalence of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) using our collection.
- First UK estimates of children who could have conditions caused by drinking in pregnancy revealed 30 November 2018 Up to 17 per cent of children could have symptoms consistent with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) according to new research published today [Friday 30 November] in Preventative Medicine.
- Pioneering Bristol study wins national award for enabling scientific discoveries 27 November 2018 Bristol's Children of the 90s study has been named 'Biobank of the Year' at a ceremony in London.