Children of the 90s calls on participants to help fight Coronavirus 9 April 2020 A new questionnaire from the Children of the 90s health study, and funded by Elizabeth Blackwell Institute, looking into COVID-19 launches today (9 April).
- Children of the 90s calls on participants to help fight Coronavirus 9 April 2020 A new questionnaire from the Children of the 90s health study, and funded by Elizabeth Blackwell Institute, looking into COVID-19 launches today (9 April).
- Message to participants in light of coronavirus (COVID-19) 6 April 2020 We will update this message should anything change.
- Message to researchers in light of coronavirus (COVID-19) 23 March 2020 We will update this message should anything change.
- Pupils’ genes cannot accurately predict educational achievement 10 March 2020 Pupils’ genetic data do not predict their educational outcomes with sufficient accuracy and shouldn’t be used to design a genetically personalised curriculum or tailor teaching, according to a new University of Bristol study. The findings, which compared the genetic scores of 3,500 pupils with their exam results, are published in the journal eLife today (10 March).
- Bristol contributes to world’s biggest and most detailed scanning project 19 February 2020 Volunteers are putting their best foot forward for health research as the world’s largest imaging study opens a new assessment centre in Bristol (press release re-published with thanks to UK Biobank).
- Sitting still linked to increased risk of depression in adolescents 11 February 2020 Too much time sitting still – sedentary behaviour – is linked to an increased risk of depressive symptoms in adolescents, finds a new UCL-led study (press release re-published with thanks to University College London).
- Is modern urban life making us unhealthy? New grant will help Bristol scientists find out. 11 February 2020 Researchers at the University of Bristol are starting to look at how our health is affected by where we live from conception to adulthood and old age thanks to a new grant from the European Union.
- Students, staff and alumni to get active at this year’s Great Bristol 10k 29 January 2020 Students, staff and alumni from the University of Bristol are being invited to lace up their trainers and take part in this year’s Great Bristol 10k on Sunday 3 May.
- Poor mental health “both cause and effect” of school exclusion 22 January 2020 News release re-published from University of Exeter.
- Obesity could be linked to a rise in fatty liver disease in young adults 16 January 2020 One in five young people have fatty liver disease (steatosis), with one in 40 having already developed liver scarring (fibrosis), research published today [15 January] has found. The study, published in The Lancet Gastroenterology & Hepatology, is the first to attempt to determine the prevalence of fatty liver disease and fibrosis in young healthy adults in the UK.