Year of publication 2016 (N-Z)
- Namulanda, G et al. In utero exposure to organochlorine pesticides and early menarche in the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children.
Environment International, Jun 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.envint.2016.06.001. PMID: 27297227
Norris, T et al. Chronic fatigue syndrome and chronic widespread pain in adolescence: population birth cohort study.
The Journal of Pain, Nov 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.jpain.2016.10.016. PMID: 27845196
- Nivard, MG. Genetic overlap between schizophrenia and developmental psychopathology: a longitudinal approach applied to common childhood disorders between age 7 and 15.
bioRxiv, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/052829
- Nivard, MG et al. Joint developmental trajectories of internalizing and externalizing disorders between childhood and adolescence.
Development and Psychopathology, Jul 2016. DOI: 10.1017/S0954579416000572. PMID: 27427290
- Norris, T et al. Obesity in adolescents with chronic fatigue syndrome: an observational study.
Archives of Disease in Childhood, Sep 2016. DOI: 10.1136/archdischild-2016-311293. PMID: 27655658
- North, TL et al. A study of common Mendelian disease carriers across ageing cohorts: meta-analyses reveal heterozygosity for alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency increases respiratory capacity and height.
Journal of Medical Genetics, Feb 2016. DOI: 10.1136/jmedgenet-2015-103342. PMID:26831755
- Odd, D et al. Association between neonatal resuscitation and a single nucleotide polymorphism rs1835740.
Acta Paediatrica, April 2016. DOI: 10.1111/apa.13421. PMID: 27059438
- Odd, D. Preterm birth, age at school entry and long term educational achievement.
PLoS ONE, May 2016. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0155157. PMID: 27187690
Opondo, C et al. Father involvement in early child-rearing and behavioural outcomes in their pre-adolescent children: evidence from the ALSPAC UK birth cohort.
BMJ Open, Nov 2016. DOI:10.1136/bmjopen-2016-012034
- Parmar, PG et al. International GWAS consortium identifies novel loci associated with blood pressure in children and adolescents.
Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics, Mar 2016. DOI: 10.1161/CIRCGENETICS.115.001190. PMID: 26969751
- Patel, S et al. Association of maternal diabetes/glycosuria and pre-pregnancy body mass index with offspring indicators of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
BMC Paediatrics, Mar 2016. DOI: 10.1186/s12887-016-0585-y. PMID: 27036545
- Pearce, A et al. Do early life cognitive ability and self-regulation skills explain socio-economic inequalities in academic achievement? An effect decomposition analysis in UK and Australian cohorts.
Social Science & Medicine, Sep 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2016.07.016. PMID: 27500943
Pike, A et al. Child behavior and sibling relationship quality: a cross-lagged analysis.
Journal of Family Psychology, Oct 2016. DOI: 10.1037/fam0000248. PMID: 27797540
Pilling, LC et al. Human longevity is influenced by many genetic variants: evidence from 75,000 UK Biobank participants.
Aging, Mar 2016. DOI: 10.18632/aging.100930. PMID: 27015805
- Raine, K et al. Antenatal interpersonal sensitivity is more strongly associated than perinatal depressive symptoms with postnatal mother-infant interaction quality.
Archives of Women's Mental Health, Oct 16. DOI: 10.1007/s00737-016-0640-6. PMID: 27168153
- Redsell, SA et al. Validation, optimal threshold determination, and clinical utility of the infant risk of overweight checklist for early prevention of child overweight.
Childhood Obesity, Apr 2016. DOI: 10.1089/chi.2015.0246. PMID: 27093465
- Richardson, TG et al. A pathway-centric approach to rare variant association analysis.
European Journal of Human Genetics, Aug 2016. DOI: 10.1038/ejhg.2016.113. PMID: 27577545
- Richardson, TG et al. A protein domain and family based qpproach to rare variant association analysis.
PloS One, Apr 2016. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0153803 PMID: 27128313
- Richardson, TG et al. Collapsed methylation quantitative trait loci analysis for low frequency and rare variants.
Human Molecular Genetics, Aug 2016. DOI: 10.1093/hmg/ddw283. PMID: 27559110
- Richardson, TG et al. Incorporating non-coding annotations into rare variant analysis.
PloS One, Apr 2016. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0154181 PMID: 27128317
- Richmond, RC et al. DNA methylation and BMI: investigating identified methylation sites at HIF3A in a causal framework.
Diabetes, Feb 2016. DOI: 10.2337/db15-0996. PMID: 26861784
Riglin, L et al. Association of genetic risk variants with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder trajectories in the general population.
JAMA Psychiatry, Nov 2016. DOI: 10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2016.2817. PMID: 27806167
- Riglin, L et al. Schizophrenia risk alleles and neurodevelopmental outcomes in childhood: a population-based cohort study.
Lancet Psychiatry, Dec 2016. DOI: 10.1016/S2215-0366(16)30406-0. PMID: 27932233
- Rijlaarsdam, J et al. An epigenome-wide association meta-analysis of prenatal maternal stress in neonates: a model approach for replication.
Epigenetics, Feb 2016. DOI: 10.1080/15592294.2016.1145329. PMID:26889969
- Rijlaarsdam, J et al. Prenatal unhealthy diet, insulin-like growth factor 2 gene (IGF2) methylation, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms in youth with early-onset conduct problems.
Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and Allied Disciplines, Aug 2016. DOI: 10.1111/jcpp.12589. PMID: 27535767
- Rivas, MA et al. A protein-truncating R179X variant in RNF186 confers protection against ulcerative colitis.
Nature Communications. Aug 2016. DOI: 10.1038/ncomms12342
- Robinson, E et al. Genetic risk for autism spectrum disorders and neuropsychiatric variation in thegeneral population.
Nature Genetics, May 2016. DOI: 10.1038/ng.3529. DOI: 10.1080/15592294.2016.1145329. PMID: 26998691
- Rossi, R et al. Psychotic experiences and working memory: a population-based study using signal-detection analysis.
PLoS One, Apr 2016. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0153148. PMID: 27120349
- Russell, G et al. Changes in diagnosis rates and behavioural traits of autism spectrum disorder over time.
British Journal of Psychiatry Open, Oct 2015. DOI: 10.1192/bjpo.bp.115.000976. PMID: 27703734
- Sarnowski, C et al. Identification of a new locus at 16q12 associated with time-to-asthma onset.
Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Apr 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.jaci.2016.03.018. PMID: 27130862
Schieck, M et al. Doublesex and mab-3 related transcription factor 1 (DMRT1) is a sex-specific genetic determinant of childhood-onset asthma and is expressed in testis and macrophages.
Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Aug 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.jaci.2015.12.1305. PMID: 26906082
Schultz, M et al. Exaggerated exercise blood pressure is associated with higher left ventricular mass in adolescence. The Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children.
Journal of Hypertension, Sep 2016. DOI: 10.1097/01.hjh.0000499992.80444.b7. PMID: 27799659
- Scourfield, J et al. The association between characteristics of fathering in infancy and depressive symptoms in adolescence: a UK birth cohort study.
Child Abuse & Neglect, Jul 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.chiabu.2016.06.013. PMID: 27376651
- Sharp, K et al. Phasing for medical sequencing using rare variants and large haplotype reference panels.
Bioinformatics, Feb 2016. DOI: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btw065. PMID: 27153703
- Shim, H et al. Function-driven discovery of disease genes in zebrafish using an integrated genomics big data resource.
Nucleic Acids Research, Oct 2016. DOI: 10.1093/nar/gkw897
- Sequeira, ME et al. Association of timing of menarche with depressive symptoms and depression in adolescence: Mendelian randomisation study.
The British Journal of Psychiatry: The Journal of Mental Science, Aug 2016. DOI: 10.1192/bjp.bp.115.168617. PMID: 27491534
- Shaheen, SO et al. Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy, respiratory outcomes and atopy in childhood.
European Respiritory Journal, Jan 2016. DOI: 10.1183/13993003.00643-2015. PMID:26541530
- Shrine, N et al. Genome-wide association study of copy number variation with lung function identifies a novel signal of association near BANP for forced vital capacity.
BMC Genetics, Aug 2016. DOI: 10.1186/s12863-016-0423-0. PMID: 27514831
- Siebald, C et al. Association between childhood psychiatric disorders and psychotic experiences in adolescence: A population-based longitudinal study.
Comprehensive Psychiatry, Aug 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.comppsych.2016.05.004. PMID: 27423344
- Sifrim, A et al. Distinct genetic architectures for syndromic and nonsyndromic congenital heart defects identified by exome sequencing.
Nature Genetics, Sep 2016. DOI: 10.1038/ng.3627. PMID: 27479907
- Simpkin, AJ et al. Prenatal and early life influences on epigenetic age in children: a study of mother-offspring pairs from two cohort studies
Human Molecular Genetics, Jan 2016 DOI: 10.1093/hmg/ddv456. PMID:26546615
- Simpson, J et al. Cord blood adipokines and lipids and adolescent non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, Sep 2016. DOI: 10.1210/jc.2016-2604. PMID: 27648968
- Smith, AD et al. A structured approach to hypotheses involving continuous exposures over the life course.
International Journal of Epidemiology, Jul 2016. DOI: 10.1093/ije/dyw164. PMID: 27371628
Smith, DJ et al. Genome-wide analysis of over 106 000 individuals identifies 9 neuroticism-associated loci.
Molecular Psychiatry, Apr 2016. DOI: 10.1038/mp.2016.49. PMID: 27067015
- Stapinski, LA et al. Drinking to cope: a latent class analysis of coping motives for alcohol use in a large cohort of adolescents.
Prevention Science, Apr 2016. DOI: 10.1007/s11121-016-0652-5. PMID: 27129479
- Stautz, K. Do executive function and impulsivity predict adolescent health behaviour after accounting for intelligence? Findings from the ALSPAC Cohort.
PloS One, Aug 2016. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0160512. PMID: 27479488
- Stergiakouli, E et al. Association of acetaminophen use during pregnancy with behavioral problems in childhood: Evidence against confounding.
JAMA Pediatrics, Aug 16. DOI: 10.1001/jamapediatrics.2016.1775. PMID: 27533796
Stergiakouli, E et al. Association between polygenic risk scores for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and educational and cognitive outcomes in the general population.
International Journal of Epidemiology, Sep 2016. DOI: 10.1093/ije/dyw216. PMID: 27694570
- Straub, N et al. Economic impact of breast-feeding-associated improvements of childhood cognitive development, based on data from the ALSPAC.
British Journal of Nutrition, Jan 2016. DOI: 10.1017/S0007114515001233. PMID: 26794240
- Suderman, M et al. 25-Hydroxyvitamin D in pregnancy and genome wide cord blood DNA methylation in two pregnancy cohorts (MoBa and ALSPAC).
The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, May 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.jsbmb.2016.03.005. PMID: 26953979
- Sullivan, S et al. A longitudinal investigation of childhood communication ability and adolescent psychotic experiences in a community sample.
Schizophrenia Research, May 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.schres.2016.03.005. PMID: 26972475
- Sun, J et al. A method for analyzing multiple continuous phenotypes in rare variant association studies allowing for flexible correlations in variant effects.
European Journal of Human Genetics. Feb 2016. DOI: 10.1038/ejhg.2016.8
- Tandon, PS et al. The relationship between physical activity and diet and young children's cognitive development: A systematic review.
Preventive Medicine Reports, Apr 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.pmedr.2016.04.003. PMID: 27419040
Taylor, AK et al. The association between maternal postnatal depressive symptoms and offspring sleep problems in adolescence.
Psychological Medicine, Oct 2016. DOI: 10.1017/S0033291716002427. PMID: 27760582
Taylor, CM et al. Moderate prenatal cadmium exposure and adverse birth outcomes: a role for sex-specific differences?
Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology, Oct 2016. DOI: 10.1111/ppe.12318. PMID: 27778365
- Taylor, CM et al. Picky eating in preschool children: associations with dietary fibre intakes and stool hardness.
Appetite, Feb 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.appet.2016.02.021. PMID:26879221
- Taylor, CM et al. Blood mercury levels and fish consumption in pregnancy: risks and benefits for birth outcomes in a prospective observational birth cohort.
International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health, May 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijheh.2016.05.004. PMID: 27252152
- Taylor, CM et al. Macro- and micronutrient intakes in picky eaters: a cause for concern?
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Nov 2016. DOI: 10.3945/ajcn.116.137356. PMID: 27935522
- Taylor, C et al. Low level lead exposure and pregnancy outcomes in an observational birth cohort study: dose–response relationships.
BMC Research Notes, Jun 2016. DOI: 10.1186/s13104-016-2092-5. PMID: 27260491
- Taylor, M et al. Comparison of cannabinoids in hair with self-reported cannabis consumption: Estimates of sensitivity and specificity.
Drug and Alcohol Review, Jun 2016. DOI: 10.1111/dar.12412. PMID: 27296783
Taylor, M et al. Assessment of rates of recanting and hair testing as a biological measure of drug use in a general population sample of young people.
Addiction, Oct 2016. DOI: 10.1111/add.13645. PMID: 27743424
Taylor, M et al. Exploration of a polygenic risk score for alcohol consumption: a longitudinal analysis from the ALSPAC cohort.
Plos One, Nov 2016. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0167360. PMID: 27902751
- Teyhan, A et al. The impact of cycle proficiency training on cycle-related behaviours and accidents in adolescence: findings from ALSPAC, a UK longitudinal cohort.
BMC Public Health, Jun 2016. DOI: 10.1186/s12889-016-3138-2. PMID: 27276877
- Thapar, A et al. Identifying key parent reported symptoms for detecting depression in high risk adolescents.
Psychiatry Research, May 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.psychres.2016.05.025. PMID: 27288739
- Tideman, J et al. When do myopia genes have their effect? Comparison of genetic risks between children and adults.
Genetic Epidemiology, Sep 2016. DOI: 10.1002/gepi.21999. PMID: 27611182
- Timpka, S et al. Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and offspring cardiac structure and function in adolescence.
Journal of the American Heart Association, Oct 2016. DOI: 10.1161/JAHA.116.003906. PMID: 27799232
Torraco, A et al. Novel mutations in IBA57 are associated with leukodystrophy and variable clinical phenotypes.
Journal of Neurology, Oct 2016. DOI: 10.1007/s00415-016-8312-z. PMID: 27785568
- Treur, JL et al. Associations between smoking and caffeine consumption in two European cohorts.
Addiction, Jan 2016. DOI: 10.1111/add.13298. PMID:26750569
- Treur, JL et al. Smoking and caffeine consumption: a genetic analysis of their association.
Addiction Biology, Mar 2016. DOI: 10.1111/adb.12391. PMID: 27027469
- Tyrell, J et al. Genetic evidence for causal relationships between maternal obesity-related traits and birth weight.
Journal of the American Medical Association, Mar 2016. DOI: 10.1001/jama.2016.1975. PMID: 26978208
- Vargas-Vera, M. Data integration framework: a children and parents cohort case study
International Journal of Knowledge Society Research, 2016. DOI: 10.4018/IJKSR.2016010107
Van Leeuwen, AJ et al. Life history factors, personality and the social clustering of sexual experience in adolescents.
Royal Society Open Science, Aug 2016. DOI: 10.1098/rsos.160257
- Van den Berg, S et al. Meta-analysis of Genome-Wide Association Studies for Extraversion: Findings from the Genetics of Personality Consortium.
Behaviour Genetics, 2016. DOI: 10.1007/s10519-015-9735-5PMID: 26362575
- Vijayakrishnan, J et al. A genome-wide association study identifies risk loci for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia at 10q26.13 and 12q23.1.
Leukemia, Oct 2016. DOI: 10.1038/leu.2016.271. PMID: 27694927
- Walton, E. Epigenetic profiling of ADHD symptoms trajectories: a prospective, methylome-wide study.
Molecular Psychiatry, May 2016. DOI: 10.1038/mp.2016.85. PMID: 27217153
- Ware, JJ et al. Genome-Wide Meta-Analysis of Cotinine Levels in Cigarette Smokers Identifies Locus at 4q13.2.
Scientific Reports. Feb 2016. DOI: 10.1038/srep20092. PMID: 26833182
- Wellcome Trust. The one way mirror: public attitudes to commercial access to health data.
Ipsos MORI Social Research Institute, Mar 2016.
Wahl, S et al. Epigenome-wide association study of body mass index, and the adverse outcomes of adiposity.
Nature, Dec 2016. DOI:10.1038/nature20784. PMID:28002404
- Williams, CJ et al. The association between maternal-reported responses to infant crying at 4 weeks and 6 months and offspring depression at 18: a longitudinal study.
Archives of Women's Mental Health, Feb 2016. DOI: 10.1007/s00737-015-0592-2. PMID:26837614
Wilson, RC et al. Digital methodology to implement the ECOUTER engagement process.
F1000 Research, Jun 2016. DOI: 10.12688/f1000research.8786.1. PMID: 27366320
- Winsper, C et al. School mobility during childhood predicts psychotic symptoms in late adolescence.
Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, May 2016. DOI: 10.1111/jcpp.12572. PMID: 27161604
Wood, AR et al. Variants in the FTO and CDKAL1 loci have recessive effects on risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes, respectively.
Diabetologia, Mar 2016. DOI: 10.1007/s00125-016-3908-5. PMID: 26961502
- Wren, Y et al. Prevalence and predictors of persistent speech sound disorder at eight years old: findings from a population cohort study.
Journal of Speech, Language and Hearing Research, Aug 2016. DOI: 10.1044/2015_JSLHR-S-14-0282. PMID: 27367606
- Wright, AJ. Bladder and bowel continence in bilateral cerebral palsy: a population study.
Journal of Pediatric Urology, Jun 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.jpurol.2016.05.027. PMID 27448847
- Würtz, P et al. Metabolomic profiling of statin use and genetic inhibition of HMG-CoA reductase.
Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Mar 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.jacc.2015.12.060. PMID: 26965542
- Yang, HJ. Impact of perinatal environmental tobacco smoke on the development of childhood allergic diseases.
Korean Journal of Pediatrics, Aug 2016. DOI:10.3345/kjp.2016.59.8.319. PMID: 27610180
- Yun Chong, S et al. Parenting practices at 24 to 47 months and IQ at age 8: effect-measure modification by infant temperament.
PLOS ONE, Mar 2016. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0152452. PMID: 27027637
- Zeggini, E et al. Insights into metabolic disease from studying genetics in isolated populations: stories from Greece to Greenland.
Diabetologia, May 2016. DOI: 10.1007/s00125-016-3926-3. PPMID: 26993633
- Zheng, J et al. HAPRAP: a haplotype-based iterative method for statistical fine mapping using GWAS summary statistics.
Bioinformatics, Sep 2016. DOI: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btw565. PMID: 27591082