Couple and family accommodation

Manor Hall

The University has a small number of flats and studio apartments across the campus available for couples and families. The family flats are suitable for one or two young children.

Priority for our couple and family accommodation is given to:

  • New international students,
  • New students who have special requirements such as a disability 
  • New students with a family member who has special requirements.

Due to high demand, even if you meet the above criteria, we cannot guarantee to make you an offer of University-allocated couple and familiy accommodation.  We advise you not to bring children or dependants with you until you have found somewhere suitable for them to live.

Transport and travel

The University's couple and family flats are all close to the centre of the city and easily reached by public transport, bike or on foot. The city of Bristol's location is also ideal for travel around the UK and further afield, with excellent rail and airport links. Visit the University's transport plan web pages to find out how you can plan your journeys and to find out about the sustainable travel measures, and, initiatives available to students.

Please note that there is no parking available to students at the couple and family flats and that students are not permitted to park on the main campus or satellite site car parks unless they have a parking permit.

Available residences

Take a look at the residences we have available for couples and families.

Accommodation fees

The fees include gas, electricity, water rates, and University-provided Internet access. Also included is a non-refundable insurance payment, which covers your personal possessions while you are living in one of our residences. Check the insurance policy for details of the cover provided to ensure it meets your needs and you can take out additional coverage if you need to.

Tenancies are for a fixed term of 51 weeks and you will remain liable for the accommodation fees until the end of the term unless a replacement tenant is found.  

Tenancy fees for each residence can be found on the residence pages.

Couple and family accommodation beyond your first year of study

Couple and family accommodation is available to give couples and families moving to Bristol, who may otherwise struggle, a chance to get to know the city before committing to renting non-university accommodation.  Because of the very short supply of this type of accommodation, tenancies will not be granted for a second year unless there are exceptional circumstances, for example, the existing tenant is unable to find other accommodation due to a disability. If you feel you meet these criteria please email and include any relevant documentation e.g. medical evidence 

Apply for couple and family accommodation

Applications for couple and family accommodation have now closed.

Accommodation portal

Log in to the Accommodation Portal.

Check out the facts

Download our couple and family factsheet (PDF, 396KB) for more guidance.

Edit this page