Policies, procedures and regulations for postgraduate students starting in 2018/19
We’ve collected together the codes of conduct, policies and procedures that you need to be aware of, covering both your academic studies and wider university life. Please take the time to read through the following documents.
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and we are committed to promoting equal opportunities.
The life of the University is enriched by having a body of students which reflects the community at large.
We select people who have the ability and motivation to benefit from their intended programmes of study and who will make positive contributions to the life of the University.
We have a clear set of principles and procedures when dealing with admissions. Further details can be found in the following documents:
- Admissions principles and procedures for postgraduate research programmes (PDF, 307kB)
- Admissions principles and procedures for postgraduate taught programmes (PDF, 304kB)
- Admissions statements for all postgraduate programmes
- Applicant feedback and complaints procedures (PDF, 223kB)
- Applicants with a disability (PDF, 213kB)
- Criminal convictions: guidelines for the recruitment of students with a criminal conviction (PDF, 271kB)
- English language entry requirements policy (PDF, 299kB) (applicable to international students only).
- Fraudulent applications policy (PDF, 236kB)
- Professional conduct and fitness to practise policy and procedure: Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology & Diploma in Applied Neuropsychology (PDF, 358kB)
- Complaints procedure for students (PDF, 300kB)
- Disciplinary regulations for students (PDF, 333kB)
- Examination regulations (PDF, 356kB)
- Fitness to study policy and procedure (PDF, 276kB)
- Health Sciences Fitness to Pracise Procedure (PDF, 519kB)
- Intellectual property: policy for students (PDF, 246kB)
- Plagiarism detection service TurnitinUK (PDF, 288kB)
- Public interest disclosure policy (PDF, 220kB)
- Regulations and code of practice for research degree programmes
- Regulations and code of practice for taught programmes
- Rules and regulations for students
Behaviour and wellbeing
- Acceptable Behaviour Policy: Information for Students
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure: guidance for students (PDF, 225kB)
- Freedom of speech policy (PDF, 442kB)
Fees and payments
IT, web and library
- Computers: investigation of computer use policy (PDF, 220kB)
- Computing facilities: acceptable use policy (PDF, 221kB)
- Library services and facilities: regulations for use (PDF, 288kB)
- Personal data: how the University uses student data (Fair processing notice) (PDF, 239kB)
- Recording educational activities policy (PDF, 236kB)
- Social media policy (PDF, 115kB)
- Postgraduate research students who teach
- Research misconduct regulations (PDF, 296kB)
- Research practice regulations (PDF, 292kB)
Visas and immigration
- Visas: Tier 4 (General) student visa (applicable to international students only).
- Visas and immigration: University of Bristol obligations (PDF, 325kB) (applicable to international students only).