Our airport transfer service will start operating again in September 2021. If you need advice on how to get to Bristol, check this page and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further help.
Travelling to the UK: latest advice
If you are planning to travel to the UK from an affected country, contact us at email@example.com
If you need information on travel options from quarantine, contact the International Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about International travel: restrictions and quarantine.
Travelling to Bristol
You can arrive in Bristol by coach or by train. These are operating at limited service during the pandemic, so book your tickets in advance.
If you would rather organise a private transfer between the airport and your Bristol address, you can use a taxi service. We have previously worked with these providers:
It's best to contact these companies by email, and mention that you are a University of Bristol student, and ask for a quotation.
Staying at a hotel overnight
If you cannot access your accommodation on arrival, you might have to stay in a hotel. We have partnered with Ibis Bristol City Centre (Harbourside, Explore Lane).
This hotel can offer you a guaranteed University of Bristol student rate. To find out more and book, contact the hotel directly:
Ibis Bristol City Centre
To get the discounted rate, quote the discount code in your email: BRISTOLUNI5547.
If you need to stay overnight in a hotel before completing your journey to your accommodation, you must
- plan this before you travel and,
- record this in the passenger locator form you have to complete before you arrive in the UK
You could be fined if you fail to declare this step in your journey.
Coronavirus updates from the UK government
The government's Safer Travel Guide outlines what is permitted when travelling under COVID restrictions, and what you can and cannot do after you arrive in the UK.
International students' quarantine information
Make sure that you follow quarantine rules for international arrivals.
If you are staying in University of Bristol Residence
Order a 'quarantine pack' of bedding, food, kitchen equpiment and cleaning equipment.
Airport transfer service
The University of Bristol will be running an airport transfer service between 15 and 19 September 2021. We are currently finalising details. This page will be updated in early August with further information and a booking form.
- The airport transfer service will be open to all current and new students arriving at London Heathrow and Bristol airports, travelling to your accommodation in Bristol.
- We will serve private accommodation and residences – the shuttles will stop as close as possible to your address, however due to traffic or parking restrictions you will sometimes need to walk a short distance. We will provide directions for you.
- Due to capacity restrictions, we are not able to serve family members.
- There will be different shuttle times available throughout the day. We will endeavour to accommodate all arrivals times during the 5 days, including late night arrivals.
- The shuttles will run every 3 to 4 hours. We will be using different coaches and vehicles to meet the demand at different times.
- During the arrivals period there will be staff at the airport meeting point, who will coordinate all arrivals and ensure you make your way to the coaches.
- There will be a charge for this service.
- Bookings will open on 4 August 2021.
- We are operating within the UK Government Coronavirus guidelines and health and safety regulations. The above information is correct at the time of publishing, but will be updated throughout the summer should the situation, regulations or law change.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.