Deferral package - terms and conditions
The University of Bristol (‘We’/’Us’/’Our’) reserve the right to withdraw this deferral package (‘package’) if you are no longer eligible or if you do not comply with these terms and conditions.
As a deferral support package holder, you must:
- Meet the conditions attached to your academic offer.
- Join your academic course in September 2022 and before the registration deadline.
- Be aware that if you are already eligible for another of Our bursaries, this package is on top of that bursary.
- Be aware that this is a bursary and rent reduction (“Rent Rebate”) package, similar to normal bursary packages, so We are confident there are no tax implications for UK residents. You should always seek independent tax advice.
- Seek permission and obtain consent from our admissions team before making any changes to your course of study– this includes course transfers, suspending studies, etc. Please note that approval is not guaranteed, and by changing course you may no longer be eligible for this package.
- Pay all outstanding tuition, rent and other fees and charges by our deadlines. Non-payment of fees may result in the package being terminated.
- Understand that if you suspend your studies or withdraw, the package will terminate and we may require you to repay the amount of the package you have received to the date of suspension or withdrawal. If your suspension or withdrawal is due to disciplinary action, we will require you to repay the amount of the package you have received to the date of suspension or withdrawal. If, under the student agreement, we withdraw your offer before your registration the package will terminate.
- Agree to us contacting you for up to two years after your graduation for an update on how the package has influenced your time at Bristol and your career.
Our package - applications
- We encourage you to apply for this package as soon as possible and no later than 12noon (BST) on 17 September 2021 as available packages are limited.
- Our aim is to process all requests on a first come, first served basis, taking into account the course you are on. Applications will be assessed as quickly as possible; successful applicants will see their application status change in UCAS Track (usually within 48 hours of application).
- We reserve the right to decline your deferral package application. Our decision to accept or reject your application for this package is final, and there is no right of appeal.
- This deferral package applies for study in the 2022/2023 academic year only.
- You cannot be considered for this package unless you have applied and been accepted on an eligible course, with a start date of September 2021.
- You cannot be considered for this package if you begin the University's online registration process for 2021 entry.
Eligible courses are:
- Dental Hygiene and Therapy (BSc)
- Biochemistry (BSc) and Biochemistry (MSci)
- Biochemistry with Medical Biochemistry (BSc) and Biochemistry with Medical Biochemistry (MSci)
- Biochemistry with Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (BSc) and Biochemistry with Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (MSci)
- Biology (BSc) and Biology (MSci)
- Plant Sciences (BSc)
- Biomedical Sciences (BSc)
- Zoology (BSc) and Zoology (MSci)
- Economics (BSc)
- Economics with Study Abroad in a Modern Language (BSc)
- Economics with Study Abroad (BSc)
- Economics with Econometrics (BSc)
- Economics with Econometrics with Study Abroad (BSc)
Package inclusions and exclusions
This package comprises four key components: a rent rebate, bursary, access to Bristol Futures units and keep-in-touch events.
- A rebate by way of rent reduction of up to £180 per week for students in University owned or allocated halls, capped at £7,000. The Rent Rebate will take the form of a rent reduction. In other words, the amount of rent you owe for your first year's accommodation will be reduced by the value of the Rent Rebate. There is no cash equivalent. The Rent Rebate will only be awarded for the academic year 2022/23.
- If the total annual rent due for your accommodation exceeds £7,000, you will pay the balance. If the total rent due is less than £7,000, you will not be entitled to claim the difference.
- Rent Rebate will be applied as a credit against your accommodation account. The Rent Rebate will not be paid in cash.
- Students who are awarded this package but subsequently decide to make their own private accommodation arrangements will not receive this component of the package, but will remain eligible for the other components.
- You will also be guaranteed accommodation in University owned or allocated halls for 2022 academic year, with the option to submit your application ahead of other students in a priority application round in April 2022. Applying in the April 2022 round will mean you receive your accommodation offer in June 2022, in advance of other applicants for the same year. We will endeavour to allocate you to your preferred accommodation but this is not guaranteed.
- The bursary is paid directly to your nominated bank account in three instalments in the academic year 2022/23, generally as a payment of £1,200 in week 4 of each term.
- If you are awarded this package, We will contact you with details of how to access the Bristol Futures online courses, and how to register for these units to be credited towards our Bristol PLUS award.
Keep in touch events
- If you are awarded this package, We will contact you with details of keep in touch events, designed to help you keep in contact with Us, meet others on your course, and prepare for your academic studies. These events may be a combination of virtual or in person events on our campus.
General terms and conditions
- Applying for this package shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The package cannot be transferred to another person.
- There are no cash or credit alternatives to the specified package which are only applicable to the academic year 2022/23.
- These terms are governed by, and in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.