Psychology Graduate wins the British Neuropsychological Society’s Undergraduate Prize 2020 18 October 2020 Congratulations to recent graduate, Louise Schindler, for winning the British Neuropsychological Society's Undergraduate 2020 prize!
- Psychology Graduate wins the British Neuropsychological Society’s Undergraduate Prize 2020 18 October 2020 Congratulations to recent graduate, Louise Schindler, for winning the British Neuropsychological Society's Undergraduate 2020 prize!
- Bristol researchers awarded Future Leaders Fellowships 15 October 2020 Dr Anya Skatova and three other Bristol researchers have been awarded UK Research and Innovation's (UKRI) prestigious Future Leaders Fellowships. The awards, designed to establish the careers of world-class research and innovation leaders across the UK to help them tackle major global challenges, are announced today [15 October] by Science Minister Amanda Solloway.
- Handbook helps explain how best to combat misinformation 14 October 2020 With the current flood of misinformation and "fake news" undermining democracies around the world, a consensus document that summarises the science of debunking has been published by a team of 22 prominent researchers of misinformation and its debunking.
- Bristol's Professor Yardley awarded OBE for services to Covid-19 response 10 October 2020 University of Bristol professor, Lucy Yardley, has been awarded an OBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours 2020 for her services to the Covid-19 response.
- Bristol’s ‘Science of Happiness’ course re-packaged as a BBC podcast 29 September 2020 A new BBC podcast will bring the University of Bristol’s ground-breaking Science of Happiness course to a much wider audience.
- Meg Attwood, PhD Student, and Chris Jarrold have been awarded a grant from the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute 13 July 2020 Meg Attwood, PhD Student, and Chris Jarrold have been awarded a grant from the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute. The title of the grant is "Investigating the impact of a global pandemic (Covid-19) on adolescent anxiety and cognitive function".
- Virtual Psychology Postgraduate Research Conference 2020 9 July 2020 On Wednesday, 8th July we hosted our first ever online Postgraduate Research Conference. It was reported that the day was a big success with lots of fantastic research being shared from our students.
- Veronika Hadjipanayi wins EPS President Poster Commendation Prize 2 July 2020 We are delighted to announce that PhD student, Veronika, has been awarded a President's Poster Commendation Prize at the Experimental Psychology Society's Online meeting.
- Top tips for combating lockdown weight gain 1 July 2020 A study published this week, from the British Nutrition Foundation, examined how the pandemic has impacted on our activity levels and eating habits. The researchers found that the resulting stress, anxiety, tiredness and boredom of lockdown are the main causes of unhealthy eating and sedentary behaviour.
- £48M MyWorld award will address key psychological questions about audience 26 June 2020 The University of Bristol had been awarded £46 million for a new project called MyWorld. The award will develop major new Research and Development (R&D) facilities and partnerships connecting regional creative industries and national partners with major global players including Netflix, Google, and Microsoft. A major strand in the program of work will be understanding audience experience and engagement.