‘Volunteering made me feel more at home in Bristol’ 25 September 2023 Student volunteers gave 23,000 hours back to the community during the last academic year.
- ‘Volunteering made me feel more at home in Bristol’ 25 September 2023 Student volunteers gave 23,000 hours back to the community during the last academic year.
- New survey reveals British public generally think disruptive, non-violent protesters should not be imprisoned 1 August 2023 In the wake of UK government plans to grant new North Sea oil and gas licences, a survey has shown the vast majority of the British public consider climate change and the environment to be key issues. But most people frown upon the Just Stop Oil campaign group, according to the poll.
- World-first cinema capable of measuring audience response to open in Bristol 27 July 2023 One of the world’s most innovative cinemas, capable of monitoring audience reactions like never before, is coming to Bristol.
- 1in5 project on climate and biodiversity embraced by leading schools of psychology 13 June 2023 Schools of psychology at Bath, Bristol, Cardiff and Manchester universities have embraced the 1in5 project on climate and biodiversity. 1in5 is a framework to allow the academic community to focus some of its collective brainpower on environmental change.
- Psychology ranks 10th in Complete University Guide 7 June 2023 Thirty subjects, including Psychology, taught at the University of Bristol are in the top ten of UK universities, according to a new rankings.
- An “Absolutely Incredible” Range of Presentations and Posters Delivered at the 2023 South West Undergraduate Conference (SWUC)! 28 April 2023 On Saturday 22 April 2023, the School of Psychological Science welcomed over 120 delegates from across the south west of England for the South West Undergraduate Conference (SWUC). This annual event, which is sponsored by the British Psychological Society (BPS), is an opportunity for final year undergraduate psychology students to share and showcase their dissertation research in an authentic conference context.
- Admore Tshuma receives Chairman's Special Recognition Award at the ZAA Awards Dinner Gala 26 April 2023 A huge congratulations to Admore for being awarded the Chairman's Special Recognition Award at the ZAA Awards Dinner Gala last weekend.
- Research calls for more consumer protection to combat double danger of gambling with cryptocurrencies 28 March 2023 A new study has highlighted how cryptocurrency investors often suffer gambling-related harms – and online gambling outlets accepting cryptocurrency as wagers pose even greater risks.
- Handshakes and hugs: why the science of touch is essential to our wellbeing 28 March 2023 Why is a hugged person a healthier person? How does a shared handshake make you more likely to tell the truth? University of Bristol social neuroscientist, Professor Michael Banissy, one of the foremost experts on touch, explores the fascinating new science of one of our most overlooked senses in 'When we touch', published this week [30 March].
- Bristol Neuroscience Festival 2023 21 March 2023 The University of Bristol were delighted to host the FREE three-day science festival that allowed members of the public to come and find out all about our brilliant brain.