After you graduate
Find out about what you need to know after graduation, including what to do if you do not have your certificate.
- Access your careers service for three years after you graduate, wherever you are in the world.
- Search for jobs.
- Get help with CVs, applications and interviews.
- Let us help you decide your next steps and what is right for you.
- Book appointments with our advisers.
- Ask questions online.
- Keep in touch by joining our alumni network.
- Enjoy reunions and other events.
- Take advantage of the opportunities to network.
- Get a discount for further study.
- Read stories from our previous graduates.
- Find out our alumni went on to do next.
You will get your degree certificate at the ceremony you attend. If you have deferred your graduation and so you do not have your certificate, you can get an award verification letter.
If you live in China you may be able to pick up your certificate from a China Graduation celebration event.
Not attending a ceremony
If you 'graduate in absentia' you will receive your degree certificate in the post. You will need to make sure we have your correct address on our records.
You can also collect it in person from the Examinations Office on Friday 21 or Monday 24 February. You will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you are coming to collect your certificate.
You can also nominate someone to collect the certificate for you. You will need to email email@example.com giving the name of your nominated person. ID will be required to pick up the certificate.
Postgraduate Research students
You will receive your certificate at your ceremony as long as:
- the exam board has received written confirmation that you have made any corrections
- you have submitted the definitive library copy of your thesis.
If this is not done in time for the ceremony, your certificate will be posted to your registered address, once these actions have been completed.
Waiting for your certificate
The Education Process Improvement and Records Team provides verification of awards and replacement degree certificates.
If you need proof of your degree while you are waiting to receive your certificate, you can get an award verification letter.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have lost your certificate, you can purchase a replacement certificate.
Transcripts are provided by your faculty office - find out how to get a transcript.