Personal Finance Research Centre
Welcome to the Personal Finance Research Centre
The Personal Finance Research Centre is an independent research centre that specialises in social research across all areas of personal finance, mainly from the consumer's perspective. Much of our work focuses on the following areas:
- Consumers in vulnerable situations.
- Financial confidence, capability and wellbeing.
- Financial exclusion and poverty.
- Money management and decision making.
- Credit use and over-indebtedness.
- Saving and retirement planning.
Our interdisciplinary team combines extensive empirical research skills with a detailed understanding of a range of social policy issues. Our work is influential in shaping public policy, and we provide technical and policy advice to government departments and others.
This guide explores how the FCA’s six expectations regarding the fair treatment of vulnerable customers can be applied to harmful gambling. It offers practical examples of how regulated firms are already identifying and supporting customers who are at risk of gambling harm and what more can be done.