The MSc Education programme offers an exciting opportunity for students to design a tailored programme of study suited to their cultural, learning and professional needs.
Students on this programme will be able to opt to specialise and receive MSc Education awards in the following:
- Inclusive Education
- Leadership and Policy
- Learning, Technology and Society
- Mathematics Education
- Neuroscience and Education
- Policy and International Development
- Teaching and Learning.
Identification of these specialisms will be shown in brackets on your award for example, MSc Education (Leadership and Policy).
In addition, students can design their own pathways by opting not to specialise. Core units can be taken from across the different specialisms and from our bank of optional units in order to follow a tailored programme of study resulting in an award of MSc Education.
Students opting not to follow a specialism can import up to 60 Masters credits (subject to meeting the University eligibility requirements). If you choose to import any amount of credits, please note that you will not be eligible for the postgraduate loan.
This programme aims to develop the student’s interest in and knowledge and understanding of:
- Specific theories, ideas and practices, and the relationships between perspectives from different disciplines.
- A range of research methods appropriate for their professional practice.
- The importance of developing clear lines of argument that are underpinned by critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- The role of reflective practice in the development of professional identity and expertise.
- Complex issues surrounding innovation and change and preparation for employment in changing and varied contexts.
- The skills and abilities required for successful engagement in focussed, professionally relevant independent learning through the production of a supervised dissertation.
- A range of practical and transferable skills.
Applying to Bristol
Request more information
Ask us a question, sign up for our updates or request a prospectus.
Student Services Office
Phone: +44 (0)117 331 4234
School of Education
University of Bristol
35 Berkeley Square
Bristol, BS8 1JA
We have a range of courses that would be of interest to practising teachers.