School of Education ranked 11th in Complete University Guide subject tables 6 July 2021 The School of Education is delighted to annouce that it has been ranked 11th place in the Complete University Guide subject tables, with particular highlights for research intensity (5th) and research quality (6th).
- School of Education ranked 11th in Complete University Guide subject tables 6 July 2021 The School of Education is delighted to annouce that it has been ranked 11th place in the Complete University Guide subject tables, with particular highlights for research intensity (5th) and research quality (6th).
- The School of Education congratulates Professor Robin Shields for Bristol Teaching Award win 24 June 2021 The School of Education's Professor of Education Robin Shields received an Inspiring and Innovative Teaching Award 2021 in this year's Bristol Teaching Awards.
- Decolonising Education for Sustainable Futures – UNESCO Chair seminar series 23 June 2021 Published report from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) seminar series held earlier in 2021.
- Doctoral researcher Luo Tan awarded the BAICE Student Fieldwork Grant 7 June 2021 Luo Tan’s doctoral research project “Investing in a Global Language in a Local Field” has been awarded the BAICE Student Fieldwork Grant worth just under £2000.
- Doctoral Researcher Jáfia Câmara awarded £6000 project funding from the Temple Quarter Engagement Fund 17 May 2021 Jáfia Câmara's collaborative proposal to 'engage with refugee and asylum-seeking families through art and ethnographic research in Bristol' has been awarded project funding by the TQEF.
- The Metre and Memorisation Project announces the Bristol by Heart poetry recitation contest in collaboration with Poetry by Heart 14 May 2021 Poetry recitation competition 'Bristol by Heart' for school children in Bristol and the surrounding area announced by the Metre and Memorisation Project, funded by the Brigstow Institute at the University of Bristol.
- Doctoral conference 2021 - call for abstracts and submissions 5 May 2021 The Doctoral Conference Committee (Bristol and Hong Kong) are delighted to announce the School of Education Doctoral Conference to be held 21–25 June 2021. The conference will offer a week of synchronous, asynchronous, online and offline spaces and events that explore and celebrate educational research and teaching practice.
- Professor Alf Coles' inaugural lecture 4 May 2021 On Wednesday 16th June 5-6pm Professor Alf Coles will be giving his inaugural lecture entitled 'Beginnings … reflections on 25 years of teaching and learning mathematics'
- Professor Patricia Broadfoot calls for evidence-based expert approach to the post-pandemic recovery of young people 23 April 2021 Professor Patricia Broadfoot has co-written a blog post for BERA calling for an educational equivalent to the government's Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE)
- Rurality and access to higher education: an international symposium - Live recordings 21 April 2021 Recordings of successful international symposium on rurality and access to higher education now available to view. A Centre for Higher Education Transformations (CHET) and SRHE South West Network for Higher Education event.