Doctoral conference 2021 - call for abstracts and submissions 5 May 2021 The Doctoral Conference Committee (Bristol and Hong Kong) are delighted to announce the School of Education Doctoral Conference to be held 21–25 June 2021. The conference will offer a week of synchronous, asynchronous, online and offline spaces and events that explore and celebrate educational research and teaching practice.
- The Metre and Memorisation Project announces the Bristol by Heart poetry recitation contest in collaboration with Poetry by Heart 14 May 2021 Poetry recitation competition 'Bristol by Heart' for school children in Bristol and the surrounding area announced by the Metre and Memorisation Project, funded by the Brigstow Institute at the University of Bristol.
- Doctoral conference 2021 - call for abstracts and submissions 5 May 2021 The Doctoral Conference Committee (Bristol and Hong Kong) are delighted to announce the School of Education Doctoral Conference to be held 21–25 June 2021. The conference will offer a week of synchronous, asynchronous, online and offline spaces and events that explore and celebrate educational research and teaching practice.
- Professor Alf Coles' inaugural lecture 4 May 2021 On Wednesday 16th June 5-6pm Professor Alf Coles will be giving his inaugural lecture entitled 'Beginnings … reflections on 25 years of teaching and learning mathematics'
- Professor Patricia Broadfoot calls for evidence-based expert approach to the post-pandemic recovery of young people 23 April 2021 Professor Patricia Broadfoot has co-written a blog post for BERA calling for an educational equivalent to the government's Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE)
- Rurality and access to higher education: an international symposium - Live recordings 21 April 2021 Recordings of successful international symposium on rurality and access to higher education now available to view. A Centre for Higher Education Transformations (CHET) and SRHE South West Network for Higher Education event.
- Education in Small States Research Group (ESSRG) News and Website Relaunch 20 April 2021
- We bid a fond farewell to Mary O’Connell as she retires after 28 years at the School of Education 25 March 2021 This week, it is with fondness and a few tears that the School of Education wishes Mary O’Connell a fantastic retirement, after 28 years at the School.
- SOE student who cared for terminally ill mum fights odds to earn Master’s 9 March 2021 An inspirational student from the School of Education, Michelle Mounsdon (Neuroscience in Education), passed her Master’s despite a demanding job and providing round-the-clock care for her terminally ill mother.
- New funding awarded to tackle social isolation as we age through digital innovation 8 March 2021 An interdisciplinary team from across the University of Bristol, has received funding for the ‘Connecting through culture as we age: digital innovation for healthy ageing’ project as part of the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Health Ageing Challenge Social, Behavioural and Design Research Programme (SBDRP).
- International Women's Day 2021 - School of Education newsletter 8 March 2021 Today (Monday 8 March 2021) is International Women's Day.