Bristol Conversations in Education research seminar series
Bristol Conversations in Education is a seminar series which showcases world-class, impactful, cross-disciplinary research about education.
Find out more about research in the School of Education.
You can view the powerpoint presentation or listen to the audio of Bristol Conversations in Education seminars.
The series aims to promote lively discussion around teaching, learning and leadership in education and is aimed at researchers, practitioners and policy makers. Each seminar is hosted by a leading academic from our research centres and networks. Everyone is welcome to attend. It is free to attend but registration is required.
- 12 May (4-5pm) - Whiteness as futurity and globalization of higher education, Dr Riyad Shahjahan (Associate Professor, Michigan State University) and Dr Kirsten T. Edwards (Associate Professor, University of Oklahoma)
- 19 May (1-2pm) - The UK’s Impact Agenda: Opportunity to engage or threat to academic freedom?, Professor Katherine Smith (Professor of Public Health Policy, University of Strathclyde) and Professor Richard Watermeyer (Professor of Education, University of Bristol)
- 26 May (12-1pm) - Experiences of higher education on small islands in and around the UK, Dr Holly Henderson (Assistant Professor of Education, University of Nottingham)
- 09 June (1-2pm) - Book Series Launch - Bristol Studies in Comparative and International Education Details coming soon!
- 16 June (5-6pm) - Inaugural lecture: Beginnings … reflections on 25 years of teaching and learning mathematics, Professor Alf Coles (Professor of Mathematics Education, University of Bristol)
- 23 June (1-2pm) - Breaking out of the Boundaries: Ways of thinking about out-of-school maths learning, Professor Tim Jay (Professor of Mathematics Education, Loughborough University) and Dr Jo Rose (Associate Professor of Social Psychology of Education, University of Bristol) Details coming soon!
- 29 June (12-1pm) - Universities and unicorns: mapping investment trends in higher education technology, Dr Janja Komljenovic (Lecturer of Higher Education, Lancaster University) and Dr Sam Sellar (Reader in Education Studies, Manchester Metropolitan University)
More events coming soon!
Catch up on other recent events on the Bristol Conversations in Education recordings webpage.
View the event pages for previous Bristol Conversations in Education seminars.