Withdrawing from your studies

If you decide to withdraw from your course, or a decision is made by the University to withdraw you, we must report this to UKVI. Sending a report to UKVI that you have withdrawn from your studies is part of the University's responsibility as your Student visa sponsor.

Following this report, UKVI will curtail (cancel) your visa, which means that your visa will expire 60 days after we send the report. You should make plans to leave the UK within that time.

Please contact us to find out more. 

This change to your immigration status would mean you no longer have the right to work in the UK. You would have to cease all employment (paid or unpaid) with immediate effect. If you were to undertake any work, you would be in breach of UK immigration law, which could have serious legal implications. Your employer may also be prosecuted.

Edit this page