Citations of runmlwin
How do you cite runmlwin?
If you use runmlwin in your work, please cite runmlwin:
- Leckie, G. and Charlton, C. (2013). runmlwin - A Program to Run the MLwiN Multilevel Modelling Software from within Stata. Journal of Statistical Software, 52 (11),1-40. (do).
Similarly, please also cite the MLwiN software:
- Rasbash, J., Charlton, C., Browne, W.J., Healy, M. and Cameron, B. (2009). MLwiN Version 2.1. Centre for Multilevel Modelling, University of Bristol.
For models fitted using MCMC estimation, we ask that you additionally cite:
- Browne, W.J. (2012). MCMC Estimation in MLwiN, v2.26. Centre for Multilevel Modelling, University of Bristol.
Articles in Peer Reviewed Journals using runmlwin
Please let George Leckie ( firstname.lastname@example.org) know of any further publications using runmlwinincluding forthcoming papers, books, PhD theses, etc.
Anderson, E. L., Tilling, K., Fraser, A., Macdonald-Wallis, C., Emmett, P., Cribb, V., ... & Howe, L. D. (2013). Estimating Trajectories of Energy Intake Through Childhood and Adolescence Using Linear-Spline Multilevel Models. Epidemiology, 24(4), 507-515.
- Andréu Abela, J. (2011). El analisis multinivel: Una revision actualizada en el ambito sociologico. Metodología de Encuestas,13, 161-176.
Baade, P. D., Dasgupta, P., Aitken, J. F., & Turrell, G. (2013). Geographic remoteness, area-level socioeconomic disadvantage and inequalities in colorectal cancer survival in Queensland: a multilevel analysis. BMC cancer, 13(1), 493.
Bécares, L., Nazroo, J., Jackson, J. and Heuvelman, H. (2012). Ethnic density effects on health and experienced racism among Caribbean people in the US and England: A cross-national comparison. Social Science & Medicine, 75, 2107–2115.
Bell, A., & Jones, K. (2013). Bayesian informative priors with Yang and Land’s hierarchical age–period–cohort model. Quality & Quantity, 1-12.
Bell, A., & Jones, K. (2013). Don't birth cohorts matter? A commentary and simulation exercise on Reither, Hauser, and Yang's (2009) age–period–cohort study of obesity. Social Science & Medicine, Forthcoming .
- Cheung, C., Goodman, D., Leckie, G. and Jenkins, J. (2011). Understanding Contextual Effects on Externalizing Behaviors in Children in Out-of-home Care: Influence of Workers and Foster Families. Children and Youth Services Review, 33, 2050-2060.
- Chung, H. and Beretvas, S.N. (2012). The Impact of ignoring multiple membership data structures in multilevel models. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, 65, 185-200.
- Corsi, D. J., Subramanian, S. V., McKee, M., Li, W. (2012). Environmental Profile of a Community's Health (EPOCH): An Ecometric Assessment of Measures of the Community Environment Based on Individual…. PLoS ONE, forthcoming.
- Fairley, L., Petherick, E. S., Howe, L. D., Tilling, K., Cameron, N., Lawlor, D. A., ... & Wright, J. (2013). Describing differences in weight and length growth trajectories between white and Pakistani infants in the UK: analysis of the Born in Bradford birth cohort study using multilevel linear spline models. Archives of disease in childhood, 98(4), 274-279.
Glorioso, V., & Subramanian, S. V. (2013). Equity in Access to Health Care Services in Italy. Health Services Research.
Gustafsson, P. E., San Sebastian, M., Janlert, U., Theorell, T., Westerlund, H., & Hammarström, A. (2013). Residential Selection across the Life Course: Adolescent Contextual and Individual Determinants of Neighborhood Disadvantage in Mid-Adulthood. PloS one, 8(11).
Hawton, K., Linsell, L., Adeniji, T., Sariaslan, A., Fazel, S. (2013) Self-harm in prisons in England and Wales: an epidemiological study of prevalence, risk factors, clustering, and subsequent suicide. The Lancet.
- Howe, L., Matijasevich, A., Tilling, K., Brion, M.-J., Leary, S. D., Davey Smith, G., Lawlor, D. A. (2012). Maternal smoking during pregnancy and offspring trajectories of height and adiposity: comparing maternal and paternal associations. International Journal of Epidemiology, 41, 722-732.
Howe, L. D., Tilling, K., Matijasevich, A., Petherick, E. S., Santos, A. C., Fairley, L., ... & Lawlor, D. A. (2013). Linear spline multilevel models for summarising childhood growth trajectories: A guide to their application using examples from five birth cohorts. Statistical methods in medical research, 80213503925.
Hunter, L. M., Nawrotzki, R., Leyk, S., Maclaurin, G. J., Twine, W., Collinson, M., & Erasmus, B. (2013). Rural Outmigration, Natural Capital, and Livelihoods in South Africa. Population, Space and Place.
- Jenkins, J., Rasbash, J., Leckie, G., Gass, K. and Dunn, J. (2012). The role of maternal factors in sibling relationship quality: a multilevel study of multiple dyads per family. Journal of child psychology and psychiatry, 53, 622-629
- Leckie, G. and Baird, J.-A. (2011). Rater effects on essay scoring: A multilevel analysis of severity drift, central tendency and rater experience. Journal of Educational Measurement, 48, 399-418.
- Leckie, G. and Charlton, C. (2013). runmlwin - A Program to Run the MLwiN Multilevel Modelling Software from within Stata. Journal of Statistical Software, 52 (11), 1-40.
- Leckie, G., Pillinger, R., Jones, K. and Goldstein, H. (2012). Multilevel modelling of social segregation. Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, 37, 3-30.
- Loy, A., & Hofmann, H. (2013). HLMDIAG: A Suite of Diagnostics for Hierarchical Linear Models in R, Journal of Statistical Software, Forthcoming.
- Lucas, B. P., Trick, W. E., Evans, A. T., Mba, B., Smith, J., Das, K., Clarke, P., Varkey, A., Mathew, S. and Weinstein, R. A. (2012). Effects of 2- vs 4-Week Attending Physician Inpatient Rotations on Unplanned Patient Revisits, Evaluations by Trainees, and Attending Physician Burnout A Randomized Trial. JAMA, 308, 2199-2207.
- Karlsson, J. and Nilsson, P. Capitalisation of Single Farm Payment on farm price: an analysis of Swedish farm prices using farm-level data. European Review of Agricultural Economics. Forthcoming.
- Macdonald-Wallis, C., Lawlor, D. A., Fraser, A., May, M., Nelson, S. M., Tilling, K. (2012). Blood Pressure Change in Normotensive, Gestational Hypertensive, Preeclamptic, and Essential Hypertensive Pregnancies. Hypertension, 59, 1241-1248.
- Macdonald-Wallis, C., Lawlor, D. A., Palmer, T., Tilling K. (2012). Multivariate multilevel spline models for parallel growth processes: application to weight and mean arterial pressure in pregnancy. Statistics in Medicine, forthcoming.
Macdonald-Wallis, C., Tilling, K., Fraser, A., Nelson, S. M., & Lawlor, D. A. (2013). Gestational weight gain as a risk factor for hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 209, 327e1-327e17.
- Nawrotzki, R. J. (2012). The Politics of Environmental Concern: A Cross-National Analysis. Organization and Environment, forthcoming.
- Nawrotzki, R. J., Hunter, L. M., Dickinson, T. W. (2012). Rural livelihoods and access to natural capital: Differences between migrants and non-migrants in Madagascar. Demographic Research, 26, 661-700.
- Nawrotzki, R. J., Riosmena, F., Hunter, L. M. (2012). Do rainfall Deficits Predict U.S.-Bound Migration from Rural Mexico? Evidence from the Mexican Census. Population Research Policy Review, forthcoming.
- Paternoster, L., Howe, L. D., Tilling, K., Weedon, M. N., Freathy, R. M., Frayling, T. M., Kemp, J. P., Davey Smith, G., Timpson, N. J. Ring, S. M., Evans, D. M. and Lawlor, D. A. (2011). Adult height variants affect birth length and growth rate in children. Human Molecular Genetics, 20, 4069-4075.
- Procter, T. D., Pearl, D. L., Finley, R. L., Leonard, E. K., Janecko, N., Reid-Smith, R. J., ... & Sargeant, J. M. (2013). A Cross-Sectional Study Examining the Prevalence and Risk Factors for Anti-Microbial-Resistant Generic Escherichia coli in Domestic Dogs that Frequent Dog Parks in Three Cities in South-Western Ontario, Canada. Zoonoses and public health.
- Schwenkglenks, M., Gerbershagen, H. J., Taylor, R. S., Pogatzki-Zahn, E., Komann, M., Rothaug, J., ... & Meissner, W. (2014). Correlates of satisfaction with pain treatment in the acute postoperative period: Results from the international PAIN OUT registry. Pain, 155(7), 1401-1411.
- Steele, F., Clarke, P. and Washbrook, E. (2013). Modeling household decisions using longitudinal data from household panel surveys, with applications to residential mobility. Sociological Methodology, 43, 220-271.
- Sulis I., Porcu M (2014). Assessing divergences in mathematics and reading achievement in Italian primary schools: A proposal of adjusted indicators of school effectiveness, Social Indicators Research.
Van de Walle, Steven and Sebastian Jilke ‘Savings in Public Services after the Crisis: A Multilevel Analysis of Public Preferences in the EU27’, International Review of Administrative Sciences, Forthcoming.
Williams, M. L., Pearl, D. L., Bishop, K. E., & LeJeune, J. T. (2013). Use of Multiple-Locus Variable-Number Tandem Repeat Analysis to Evaluate Escherichia coli O157 Subtype Distribution and Transmission Dynamics Following Natural Exposure on a Closed Beef Feedlot Facility. Foodborne pathogens and disease.
- Zammit, S., Gunnell, D., Lewis, G., Leckie, G., Dalman, C., Allebeck, P. (2013). Individual-and area-level influence on suicide risk: a multilevel longitudinal study of Swedish schoolchildren. Psychological medicine, 1-11.
Other articles discussing runmlwin
- Aassve, A. Billari, F., and Pessin, L. (2012). Trust and Fertility Dynamics. Working Paper No. 55. Carlo F. Dondena Centre for Research on Social Dynamics. Università Bocconi, via Guglielmo Röntgen 1, 20136 Milan, Italy.
- Bell, A., and Jones, K. (2013). Another’futile quest’? A simulation study of Yang and Land’s Hierarchical Age-Period-Cohort model. School of Geographical Sciences. University of Bristol.
- Bell, A. and Jones, K. (2012). Explaining Fixed Effects: Random Effects modelling of Time-Series Cross-Sectional and Panel Data. School of Geographical Sciences. University of Bristol.
- Bell, A., Johnston, R., & Jones, K. Stylised fact or situated messiness? The diverse effects of increasing debt on national economic growth. School of Geographical Sciences. University of Bristol.
- Bousbah, K. (2013). How to make young people vote. The effect of electoral institutions and the welfare context. University of Zurich.
- Bousbah, K. (2012). The Mediating Effect of the Institutional/Electoral and the Welfare Context on the Political Participation of Young Citizens. University of Zurich.
- Bühlmann, M. and Hänni, M. (2011). Minority participation: Institutional remedies against the political exclusion of ethnic minorities . 3-Länder-Tagung, Basel.
- Carpentier, S. (2012). What is the magnitude of within-country disparities in social assistance duration, and what drives them? The Belgian case. Centre for Social Policy Herman Deleeck, Antwerp University.
- Carpentier, S. and Neels. K. (2013) What drives the Welfare Agency Duration of Social Assistance Beneficiaries: Population Composition, Municipality Characteristics or Policy Choices? A Multilevel Event History Analysis for Belgium.
- Jivraj, S., Nazroo, J., Vanhoutte, B., and Chandola, T. (2013). Age, ageing and subjective wellbeing in later life. CCSR.
- Kleiner, B., Lipps, O. and Ferrez, E. (2012) Satisficing and language proficiency. FORS Working Paper Series.
- Kumar, C., Singh, S. P., & Nauriyal, D. K. Determinants of Primary level Educational Attainment in India, 1986-2008: A Multilevel Analysis.
- Mueller, L. and Wueest, B. (2012). The Effect of Press System Properties on Electoral Participation in Established Democracies, University of Zurich.
Nawrotzki, R., Hunter, L. M., & Dickinson, T. W. (2011). Natural Resources and Rural Livelihoods: Differences between Migrants and Non-Migrants in Madagascar. Working Paper. Population Program. Institute of Behavioral Science. University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Potarca, G. and Mills, Melinda (2012). Racial Homophily and Exclusion in Online Dating Preferences:A Cross-national Comparison, University of Groningen.
- Schunck, R., Abendroth, A., Diewald, M., Melzer, S. M., & Pausch, S. (2013). What do Women and Men Want? Investigating and Measuring Preference Heterogeneity for Life Outcomes using a Factorial Survey.
- Song, X., Tao, T., Zhao, Q., Palm, L., Nie, S., Yuan, H., ... & Xu, B. The Growth and Variation of Symptoms of Influenza-like Illness: An Application of the Linear Growth Curve Model in Syndromic Surveillance in Rural China.
Books using or discussing runmlwin
- Snijders, T. and Bosker, R. (2011). Multilevel Analysis: An Introduction to Basic and Advanced Multilevel Modeling, Second Edition. Sage.
Books chapters discussing runmlwin
- Leckie, G. (2012) Cross-classified multilevel models using Stata: How important are schools and neighbourhoods for students’ educational attainment? In Garson, D. (Ed.) Hierarchical Linear Modeling: Guide and Applications. Sage.
PhD theses using runmlwin
- Burdenm A. L. (2012). Zone issues in the analysis of small area health data. University of Wollongong.
- Karlsson, J. (2012) Issues of Complex Hierarchical Data and Multilevel Analysis: Applications in Empirical Economics. Linnaeus University, Faculty of Business, Economics and Design, Linnaeus School of Business and Economics.
- Lachowycz, K. (2013) An exploration of the relationship between greenspaces, physical activity and health. School of Environmental Sciences, University of East Anglia, UK
- Loy, A. (2013). Diagnostics for mixed/hierarchical linear models. Graduate Theses and Dissertations. Paper 13277. Iowa State University.
Masters disertations using runmlwin
Jacobsen, T. K. (2012). A State friendly court: An analysis of Norwegian Supreme Court decisions. The University of Bergen
Procter, T. D. (2012) A Walk in the Park: Zoonotic Risks Associated with Dogs that Frequent Dog Parks in Southern Ontario. The University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada.