Eligibility requirements for studying abroad in a modern language
Study abroad as part of a four-year degree course
To be eligible to study abroad in a modern language during the academic year 2024/25, you must be enrolled on one of the following programmes:
- Study Abroad in a Modern Language or
- Law and French / German / Spanish or
- Liberal Arts with study abroad on a language pathway or
- a degree course in the School of Modern Languages.
Study Abroad in a Modern Language students
You must also:
- have at least a GCSE or equivalent qualification in the modern language. Some departments require you to have at least an A-level or equivalent qualification, and
- continue studying the modern language during your first and second year at Bristol through the University-Wide Language Programme open units.
Native modern language speakers
If you are a native modern language speaker and wish to study abroad in that language, but you are not enrolled on the relevant degree course, contact us.