Jobs and work experience
Information and support about graduate roles, part time jobs, work experience and internships.
Internships and placements
Gain quality, paid, work experience with an internship.
- Find an internship through the University's internship scheme.
- Read our guide or book an appointment to find out how you can source your own internship and apply for funding.
- Other work experience and internship opportunities.
- Placements of between 6 and 12 months.
- Internship schemes for PhD students.
Part-time work while you study
Part-time work is a great way to gain work experience, engage with the local community and develop your skills.
- Search for a part-time role.
- Apply for student roles within the University.
- Join the University’s Temporary Staffing Service (TSS).
Self-employment and working for yourself
Our Basecamp Enterprise Team provides support to those interested in start-up and entrepreneurship.
- Attend our enterprise events and skills-build workshops.
- Enter the New Enterprise Competition.
- Book an appointment if you need further support.
Equality and diversity
We support students to have equal opportunities to access work regardless of their background.
- Search for vacancies with employers who value diversity.
- Our resources explain the Equality Act, discrimination and workplace rights.
- Learn about Flying Start and Career Boost - targeted support for widening participation students.
- Attend a workshop on disability disclosure, or book an appointment to dicuss this one-to-one.