Find Wills Hall on the Google Precinct Map here. Those coming by taxi should note that Bristol and the University have several buildings which are named for the Wills family. Please ensure that you specify Wills Hall of Residence and the address to the driver to ensure that you are dropped at the correct location. We request that taxis are asked to drop off and collect from our Reception on our Parry's Lane entrance.
The hall is well served by public transport and visitors can either catch the Student Bus service to Stoke Bishop during term time or take a public bus to White Tree Roundabout or Stoke Park Road and then walk to hall.
The Student Bus Service is the U16 Wessex Red Bus and the timetables can be found online here. A single ticket is £2 and a return is £3. This service does not run in the university vacations.
Public bus routes include the number 1, 2 and 41 to White Tree Roundabout (stop between Henleaze and Black Boy Hill on the timetables) and the 40 and 40a which stop at Stoke Road into Rockleaze (stop between Black Boy Hill and Shirehampton Green on the timetable). All of these buses stop less than a five minute walk away from Wills. Bus routes and timetables can be found on the First Bus website.
Visitors coming from Bristol Airport can catch the Bristol Airport Flyer Express Link Bus into the city centre and then catch either the U16 or a public bus from St Augustine's Parade (opposite the Bristol Hippodrome Theatre). Alternatively a taxi from the airport to Stoke Bishop is around £30.
Vistors coming to Bristol Temple Meads train station can catch the 8 or 9 bus to Black Boy Hill and then walk over the Downs to the hall (approx 5 mins walk). The timetables for the buses are on the First Bus website. Alternatively you can take a connecting train to Clifton Down Station and then either catch the U16, 1, 2, 40, 40a or 41 bus from outside the station to the hall. If it is sunny then it is approximately a 15 minute walk from Clifton Down Station to Wills Hall. A taxi from Temple Meads to Stoke Bishop is between £12-£15.
If you're coming by car then the below directions may be useful. Please note that parking onsite is limited, especially during term time. We ask that visitors park offsite unless a parking space has been prearranged with the hall. There is plenty of free parking around the Downs and Saville Road, which is all within a couple of minutes walk of the hall. Please do NOT park on Wills Lane, Hollybush Lane or anywhere that might cause an obstruction to our neighbours.
From the M5 North
• From the M5 take junction 17 signposted Clifton, Severn Beach and Zoo.
• At the Roundabout take the A4018 towards Bristol West and Zoo.
• Continue along the A4018, going straight across at the roundabout and all sets of traffic lights.
• At the top of the hill you will pass Badminton School on your right.
• At the next roundabout (White Tree Roundabout) turn right into Parry's Lane. (This is 3.8 miles after leaving the motorway.)
• You will see the gateway for Wills Hall on the left hand side after approx. 150m.
From the M5 South
• From the M5 take Junction 18 signposted for Avonmouth and Shirehampton.
• At the Roundabout take the A4 towards Clifton and Zoo.
• At the second set of traffic lights after the park & ride, turn left into Sylvan Way
• At the next traffic lights turn right onto the B4054, Shirehampton Road; continue along the B4054 until you reach a mini roundabout, and turn left onto Parry's Lane.
• Follow the road around passing Hiatt Baker Hall on your right.
• You will see the gateway for Wills Hall on the right hand side after approx. 250m.
From the M4 East
Either join the M5 and enter Bristol as above or via the M32:
WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS ROUTE VIA THE M32 INTO BRISTOL AS THE CITY CENTRE IS OFTEN BUSY AND CONFUSING!
From the M4 West
Join the M5 and enter Bristol as above.
Note to Sat-Nav users: some sat-navs will direct you to our exit drive on Saville Road. If this happens continue down Saville Road (away from Hollybush Lane, Stoke Hill and Stoke Road) and take the first left. This slip road will take you onto Parry’s Lane. The entrance to Wills Hall is the first turning on the left.