BVI Seminar Series
Join us on Friday, 28 February to hear from Dr Ed Vessel, Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics, Frankfurt. He will be talking about 'Visual Aesthetics and the Brain's "Default-Mode" Network'.
BVI seminars feature both internal and external speakers with expertise in the field of vision. All talks are pitched to have broad appeal and are free to attend.
2019 BVI Seminars
- 11 October - Professor Laura Mickes, Department of Psychological Science, University of Bristol, "Can eyewitness memory be exonerated?"
- 8 November - John Durrant, BDH, "Smoke, Mirrors and Creative Storytelling - helping audiences gain knowledge through experience"
- 22 November - John Bridle, Apple, "How does Siri hear you?"
- 28 November - Richard Gregory Memorial Lecture: Alex McDowell, "Reality Starts Here. Building Fictional Futures to Change the World"
- 13 December - SEMINAR CANCELLED - Fred Warren, Digital Catapult, "Welcome to your Emotional Reality"
2020 BVI Seminars
- 17 January - Dr Rosie Clark, Dr Jasmina Stevanov, Dr Brian Sullivan, Dr Aaron Zhang, Dr Paul Hill, University of Bristol, Overview of recently funded 'Vision for the Future' projects
- 31 January - Dr Isabelle Mareschal, Queen Mary University of London, "Other person perception in adults and children reveals fundamental trait characteristics"
- 14 February - Dr David Glowacki, Royal Society Research Fellow, University of Bristol, "Designing multi-person VR to elicit mystical-type experiences comparable to psychedelics"
- 28 February - Dr Ed Vessel, Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics, Frankfurt, "Visual Aesthetics and the Brain’s “Default-Mode” Network"
- 13 March - Unfortunately this BVI Seminar has been cancelled.
- 27 March - Professor Ian Penton-Voak, School of Psychological Science, University of Bristol
- 24 April - Dr Jenny Bosten, Senior Lecturer in Psychology, University of Sussex
- 22 May - Professor Kirsten Cater, Professor of Human Computer Interaction and Enterpreneurship and Innovation Pedagogy, University of Bristol
- date tbc - Dr Tilo Burghardt, Department of Computer Science, Visual Information Laboratory, SPHERE, Intelligent Systems Laboratory, University of Bristol
If you have any suggestions about speakers who you think might be suitable to give a BVI Seminar, pleaes email email@example.com.
Otherwise, please check back regularly, as we are constantly adding speakers to our schedule.
BVI Seminar Series
All our 2019/20 seminars will take place in Psychology Common Room, Social Sciences Complex, 12a Priory Road.
Running from 4.00-5.00pm, drinks and nibbles will follow.
For details of our previous seminars please click HERE.