BVI Seminar Series
After the success of our first online seminar, we are delighted to confirm our next BVI Seminar will be given by the University of Bristol's, Tilo Burghardt on Friday 12 June. Dr Burghardt will talk about 'Frontiers in Animal Biometrics'.
BVI seminars feature both internal and external speakers with expertise in the field of vision. All talks are pitched to have broad appeal and are free to attend.
2019 BVI Seminars
- 11 October - Professor Laura Mickes, Department of Psychological Science, University of Bristol, "Can eyewitness memory be exonerated?"
- 8 November - John Durrant, BDH, "Smoke, Mirrors and Creative Storytelling - helping audiences gain knowledge through experience"
- 22 November - John Bridle, Apple, "How does Siri hear you?"
- 28 November - Richard Gregory Memorial Lecture: Alex McDowell, "Reality Starts Here. Building Fictional Futures to Change the World"
- 13 December - SEMINAR CANCELLED - Fred Warren, Digital Catapult, "Welcome to your Emotional Reality"
2020 BVI Seminars
- 17 January - Dr Rosie Clark, Dr Jasmina Stevanov, Dr Brian Sullivan, Dr Aaron Zhang, Dr Paul Hill, University of Bristol, Overview of recently funded 'Vision for the Future' projects
- 31 January - Dr Isabelle Mareschal, Queen Mary University of London, "Other person perception in adults and children reveals fundamental trait characteristics"
- 14 February - Dr David Glowacki, Royal Society Research Fellow, University of Bristol, "Designing multi-person VR to elicit mystical-type experiences comparable to psychedelics"
- 28 February - Dr Ed Vessel, Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics, Frankfurt, "Visual Aesthetics and the Brain’s “Default-Mode” Network"
- 13 March - Unfortunately this seminar was cancelled due to industrial action.
- 27 March - Professor Ian Penton-Voak, School of Psychological Science, University of Bristol (cancelled due to Covid-19)
Our BVI Seminars are moving online. For joining instructions, please email email@example.com.
- 15 May - Dr Jenny Bosten, Senior Lecturer in Psychology, University of Sussex, "Calibrating colour vision"
- 12 June - Dr Tilo Burghardt, Department of Computer Science, Visual Information Laboratory, SPHERE, Intelligent Systems Laboratory, University of Bristol, 'Frontiers in Animal Biometrics'
If you have any suggestions about speakers who you think might be suitable to give a BVI Seminar, pleaes email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, please check back regularly, as we are constantly adding speakers to our schedule.
BVI Seminar Series
Our BVI Seminars are now taking place online with our next seminar taking place on Friday 12 June, 4pm.
For joining instructions, please email email@example.com prior to the session.
For details of our previous seminars please click HERE.