BVI Seminar Series
Our BVI Seminar Programme is back!
Our next seminar will take place on Friday 22 November. John Bridle from Apple will talk ask "How does Siri hear you?"
"Building Fictional Futures to Change the World"
Richard Gregory Memorial Lecture
Thursday 28 November, 6pm
Wills Memorial Building
Attendance is free!
BVI seminars feature both internal and external speakers with expertise in the field of vision. All talks are pitched to have broad appeal and are free to attend.
2019 BVI Seminars
- 11 October - Professor Laura Mickes, Department of Psychological Science, University of Bristol, "Can eyewitness memory be exonerated?"
- 8 November - John Durrant, BDH, "Smoke, Mirrors and Creative Storytelling - helping audiences gain knowledge through experience"
- 22 November - John Bridle, Apple, "How does Siri hear you?"
- 28 November - Richard Gregory Memorial Lecture: Alex McDowell, "Reality Starts Here. Building Fictional Futures to Change the World"
- 13 December - Fred Warren, Digital Catapult, title tbc
2020 BVI Seminars
- 17 January
- 31 January - Dr Isabelle Mareschal, Reader in Experimental Psychology, Queen Mary University of London
- 14 February - David Glowacki, Royal Society Research Fellow
- 28 February - Ed Vessel, Max Planck Institue for Empirical Aesthetics
- 13 March - Dr Chris Kent, School of Psychological Science, University of Bristol
- 27 March - Professor Ian Penton-Voak, School of Psychological Science, University of Bristol
- 24 April
- 8 May - Dr Tilo Burghardt, Department of Computer Science, Visual Information Laboratory, SPHERE, Intelligent Systems Laboratory, University of Bristol
- 22 May
If you have any suggestions about speakers who you think might be suitable to give a BVI Seminar, pleaes email email@example.com.
Otherwise, please check back regularly, as we are constantly adding speakers to our schedule.
BVI Seminar Series
All our 2019/20 seminars will take place in Psychology Common Room, Social Sciences Complex, 12a Priory Road.
Running from 4.00-5.00pm, drinks and nibbles will follow.
For details of our previous seminars please click HERE.