Who can apply
Vice-Chancellor's Fellowships are aimed at early-career researchers, this year we are offering:
- Nine: four-year fellowships for those researching primarily in Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine and Mathematics subjects with normally three-seven years' experience post PhD or equivalent.
- Four: two-year fellowships for those researching primarily in Humanities, Arts and Social Science disciplines with normally zero-three years' experience post PhD or equivalent.
- One additional two-year fellowship focused in Hong Kong History for researchers with normally zero-three years' experience post PhD or equivalent.
- One additional four-year fellowship focused in Cardiovascular Science for researchers with normally three-seven years' experience post PhD or equivalent.
We are looking for the highest quality candidates with relevant research in one of our priority areas who will seize the development opportunities provided and become future research leaders in their field.
Suitable candidates will have:
- a PhD in a relevant field or equivalent;
- started to establish a reputation for top quality research;
- strong leadership qualities and an enthusiasm for developing skills in teaching, leadership, impact development and engagement;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We welcome applications from internal and external candidates, including individuals who have taken a career break due to maternity, paternity, adoption leave, illness or other exceptional circumstances.
Candidates with an existing permanent academic position are considered to have achieved the aims of the scheme and will not be eligible to apply.
Explore the wide range of resources and support available to research staff at the Univeristy of Bristol
Got a question?
If you have a question about the Vice-Chancellor's Fellowships please email us at email@example.com.