Pure is the University of Bristol's research information system. It enables us to collect, organise and integrate information about our research. The Explore Bristol Research web site displays information sourced from Pure.
Quick tip for all Pure users: Always click the both the blue buttons - Update in pop-ups, and then always select after you make any changes to records or you will lose your changes!
- Quick guide to getting started (easy-print version, Quick guide to getting started (PDF, 149kB)
- What to put into Pure (PDF, 349kB) (New, March 2015)
- Pure user guide (PDF, 2,268kB)
- Access to Pure- automatically if you are an academic member of staff, honorary and support staff can apply
- Getting started in Pure - help for new users and how to search/find/filter
- Activities - e.g.; awards and prizes, invited talks, editorial work and public engagement activity - anything you might add to a CV that isn't a publication
- Applications only visible to you and high-level Pure users. Other Pure users are not able to see, search or edit your applications.
- Equipment - link your Pure publications, activities and projects to any equipment you may have used
- Explore Bristol Research web site - external display of visible records in Pure
- Graphic display - your research connections graphic display
- Getting started in Pure Impact - can be used to record day-to-day examples of research impact.
- Incorrect data in Pure and what to do about it
- Personal Profile - edit your personal profile in Pure and on the Explore Bristol Research website
- Create your Pure CV
- Projects- Project information is currently incomplete - you can improve upon and make visible your own projects
- Publications/outputs - Download your publication records from the online sources, files (e.g. in BibTeX or RIS format), or manually
- Add a full text document - will go to the library for its copyright status to be confirmed before going on the web site
- Applications Relations (links) Links in Pure create links and greater visibility for you
- Visibility - confidentiality and who can see what. You decide on the visibility of most of your records in Pure.