Benefits of the Vice-Chancellor's Fellowships
Got a question?
If you have a question about the Vice-Chancellor's Fellowships please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These prestigious awards aim to nurture the potential of early-career researchers.
As a Vice-Chancellor's Fellow, you will have access to the wealth of research expertise at the University of Bristol and become part of our world-leading research community. We have cutting-edge facilities and flagship research institutes that address the grand challenges facing our world today.
Further benefits include
- For research focused on Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine and Mathematics disciplines a competitive salary starting from £36,613 or £42,418 depending on experience, and a four-year fixed-term contract.
- For research focused on Humanities, Arts and Social Science disciplines a competitive salary starting from £36,613 and a two-year fixed-term contract.
- Access to start-up funds, as appropriate to the discipline.
- The opportunity to pursue your own programme of individual (or collaborative) research.
- Mentoring and one-to-one monthly supervision from your Fellowship Sponsor.
- A programme of development activity focused on your needs at each career stage, including opportunities to engage in other schemes such as CREATE, GW4 Crucible, Stepping into Leadership and Teaching@Bristol for Research Staff.
- Opportunities to develop skills in teaching, leadership, impact development and engagement.
- Support with external grant applications and help exploring other career opportunities towards the end of the Fellowship term.