What do I do if I lock myself out of my room?

If you lock yourself out during office hours (Mon - Fri 9.00 am - 6.00 pm), go to the reception office where they will be able to issue you with a spare key. If you lock yourself out outside of office hours you will need to find the Senior Resident on duty. The Senior Resident on duty can normally be found in  reception from 7.30 - 8.30 pm, and locking up the main building from 10.30 - 11.00 pm. 

After 11.30 pm you will need to contact Security Services to let you in. Security Services' telephone number is 87848 (internal) 0117 9287848 (external).

What do I do if I am not feeling well?

If you or one of your flatmates is ill and requires a doctor, please notify  Liz Posner (Student Support Administrator ext 33730), or the Senior Resident on duty as soon as possible.

Please note, it is for you to decide whether you need to see a doctor or not. If you think you need medical attention you should use the phone in your room to speak to a doctor or the Students' Health Service, who are trained to ask you questions about your condition and by doing so to assess whether you ought to be seen by a doctor.

The nearest casualty department is at the Bristol Royal Infirmary, Marlborough Street. Remember to inform staff if a flatmate is admitted to hospital. First aid boxes are kept in reception, SCR room (flat 46), behind the bar in the social area and the Deputy Warden's flat (flat 43).

What do I do if I am going to be away from Hall overnight?

Let the hall know if you are going to be away overnight during term time by filling in the absence book, normally to be found in reception (open 8.30 am - 6.00 pm and 7.30 - 8.30 pm), or by emailing: absence-universityhall@bristol.ac.uk. This is particularly important in case of a fire evacuation when we must account for all residents. An address and telephone number, at which you can be contacted in an emergency, should also be included.

Who can I talk to if I'm not happy with my situation?

If you have a problem, either connected with your studies or of a more personal nature, it can be helpful to talk it over. This may be with friends, or you may feel more comfortable discussing it confidentially with one of the Senior Residents or with the Warden or Deputy Warden. If you have a problem with your flatmates, you can discuss it with the Senior Residents, Warden or Student Support Administrator. If you want to talk to someone outside the Hall there is the Student Counselling Service or the Students' Health Service.

What do I do if something in my flat is broken or does not work properly?

Any University Hall furniture, fixtures or fittings requiring repair should be reported immediately. (If at all possible, please report repairs and defects before 10.00 am). Please email repairs-uh@bristol.ac.uk.

How do I connect my computer to the University's residence internet service, Resnet?

Check the Resnet page on the IT Services website for guidance on how to access this service.

Can I have guests?

In order to promote a safe and secure environment that is conducive to the academic goals the following procedures are in effect at University Hall:

The hosting resident will be responsible for the conduct of his/her guest(s) at all times. Guests and hosts alike are responsible for knowing and abiding by all regulations and either or both may be subject to disciplinary action for violations.

Where are the recycling facilities?

There are recycling bins for glass, paper, plastic food waste and aluminium cans in the bin enclosures.