We have spaces and facilities across the campus to help you study, including library study spaces, live learning spaces, or open access computers for you to use.
Study spaces: opening hours and facilities
- Arts and Social Sciences Library
- Beacon House Study Centre
- Bristol SU Richmond Building
- Chemistry Library
- Education Library
- Grace Reeves Study Centre
- Hawthorns Study Centre
- Hawthorns Study Lounge
- Medical Library
- Physics Library
- Queen's Building Library
- Senate House Study Centre
- Veterinary Sciences Library
- Wills Memorial Library
School and faculty study spaces
There are many study spaces across our schools and faculties. Find a school or faculty study space.
Live learning spaces
Live learning spaces are somewhere to do quiet learning, group study or join in with online sessions. They are not silent study spaces.
These rooms are timetabled for teaching, but not used all the time so can be used to study in when they are free.
They are available from 9 am to 6 pm on weekdays when they are not being used for teaching.
How to find a room or space
- Search for a room by building. It will show if the room is free or booked over the next 3 hours. It is a good idea to start your search with the building you are in.
- You can use the space until a booked event is due to start.
- Rooms are not bookable. You may find that they have been taken at short notice by academic staff. Most of the time, they will be available.
Equipment and facilities
Equipment and facilities available will depend on the individual room or space. All spaces have Wifi access, desks and chairs. Not all spaces have a powerpoint for every desk.
Find out detailed information about the accessibility of our facilities.