Covid-19 update: national lockdown announced
On Monday 4 January the Government announced a return to national lockdown.
As such, all our libraries and study centres are currently closed, except the Arts and Social Sciences Library, which remains open 7 days a week, 9am-6pm for urgent access only.
This access is restricted to:
- those with an urgent need to access IT and digital services – for example those who do not have it at home,
- those unable to study at home and who need specific facilities.
Please use this form to request access to the study seat booking system. Seats are available for silent study only.
We want to reassure you that we will not refuse entry to anyone fulfilling either criteria. However we would remind you to stay at home if you can, ensure that you have been tested before you return to campus and that if you are permitted access to ASSL you strictly observe two-metre social distancing and wear a face covering at all times. Please note that food is not permitted in the library, and all drinks must be lidded.
Study spaces: opening hours and facilities
- Arts and Social Sciences Library
- Beacon House Study Centre
- Biological Sciences Library
- Bristol SU Richmond Building
- Chemistry Library
- Education Library
- Grace Reeves Study Centre
- Hawthorns Study Centre
- Hawthorns Study Lounge
- Medical Library
- Physics Library
- Queen's Building Library
- Senate House Study Centre
- Veterinary Sciences Library
- Wills Memorial Library
Study spaces map
Download the Study spaces map (PDF, 432kB)
Free workshops for undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
Did you know?
Most of our study spaces are managed by Library Services.