Residential life

Residential Life is your support network in University accommodation. You can access support for a range of issues, not just accommodation problems.

What we do

We are a support network for students living in university accommodation. 

All our residences belong to one of our Residental Villages. At the heart of each village is a Student Support Centre offering you 24-hour advice and support, 7 days a week.

Each centre has a Head and Deputy Head of Residential Life who manage the centre. They have a team of full-time staff, including on-call duty advisers.

The team also includes over 120 Chief and Senior Residents. These are students who live in residences and provide a familiar face and a source of peer support. You will have your own Senior Resident you can go to for support and advice.

There is also 24/7 cover from facilities staff for issues with your accommodation facilities. 

How we can help

Building a community

We work with Junior Common Rooms (JCRs) to organise a range of social activities and events. We want you to feel part of an active, supported community.

We are also responsible for upholding the rules and regulations within University accommodation. This includes involvement in regulatory and disciplinary matters. If something happens, you can come to us for support.

Providing support

You can come to us with any concerns or worries you have. The problem doesn't need to be related to your accommodation. It may be adjusting to life at university or resolving problems with fellow students.

We can listen to you, offer support and help. We'll also work with other support services around the University if needed.

Things we can't help with

We are not a medical or clinical service, but we can help you get the right support from the right people. Or we can recommend the best place to get help with your problem.

Use our services

Contact your Student Support Centre:

If you think you need different support

If you don't think this is the right support for you, find out where else you can get help

Edit this page