Support over the summer holidays
During the holidays it's important to take time out and recharge, but also to keep up the routines that help you to stay happy and focused. See friends and family, keep active, eat and sleep well. Balancing downtime with preparation for the autumn term will help you to stay in touch with your studies and get ready to return to University.
Support services opening hours
The University's support services operate over the summer holiday, with some changes to usual opening times as below. View the full list of the student support services available to you at Bristol.
- Students' Health Service: Opening hours remain the same over the summer. This service will be closed on August bank holiday and will be open 9am - 12pm on 28 August.
- Free, specialist drop-in sessions provided by Student Wellbeing Advisors. Drop-in sessions are still available up until 12 July, from 10am-12pm every Tuesday and Thursday in the Just Ask Advice Rooms, Bristol SU 3rd Floor Office, The Richmond Building. The last drop in session will be on Thursday 12 July.
- Disability Services: see website for opening times
- Just Ask: Normal opening hours
- Nightline: This service runs during term time only. Normal hours resume on 24th September
- Multifaith Chaplaincy: see website for opening times
Whether you're going home for the holidays or not, University support services are still on hand to help you stay safe, happy and healthy.
Big White Wall
If you're feeling down, anxious or like you’re struggling to cope, Big White Wall can help. It's a free, anonymous online service available 24/7.
Staying in Bristol?
If you’re after some entertainment during the summer, Bristol has a range of activities, events and attractions. Find out what's on and make the most of your city over the summer.
Staying in residences?
Let your Student Support Adviser know if you're staying for the holiday and check information from your residence for contact details and activities that are running.
Feel like getting active over the summer? If you're staying on campus Sport, Exercise and Health is open for even longer this holiday. You can also make the most of free B:Active classes. Check their website for opening times.
Library opening hours
A list of opening dates for libraries and computer clusters throughout the campus is available on the Libraries website. You could take the advantage of the quieter summer months to discover some new revision spots across campus.
When you're out celebrating over the summer, look after yourself and your friends. This personal safety guidance from the Students' Union applies whether you are at home or in Bristol.
In Bristol over the summer? Stay active with a six week gym membership - includes gym, swim, classes and outdoor tennis court hire.
Only £20 for students if bought before 30 June.
Top Tips for staying well
Exercise, planning, talking and getting outside can all help support your wellbeing.
Watch Pete Burrows from our Healthy Minds service explain his Top Tips to support your mental health over the summer.
Please note: free swimming
Free swimming for students at the University pool ended on 30 June.
This was mis-quoted as the end of July in an email to students dated 21 May.
Please accept our apologies for any confusion.