Medical certificates

Most people will have some illness during their time at university and this illness may affect your studies. You should always inform your school/department if you are having any problems with your course and come to see us to discuss medical problems. This page explains the rules about certifying illness.

During the Teaching Period

You should also ensure you meet any school or programme requirements concerning notification of absence.
The information provided in the forms will be held by the University and processed by staff in schools and Faculty Offices in order to keep a record of your absence. Schools will monitor the frequency of self-certified absences and will inform you of their procedures to follow up multiple instances. A Head of School may request that you provide medical certification in multiple and sustained instances of self-certified illness. Information will be recorded and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

During the Examination Period